Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot activate iphone 5 after updating iOS

My Apple ID and password is correct because i'm able to sign in through icloud and apple website.But when sign in to iPhone itself, the error message appear "Incorrect Apple ID,z******@gmail.com cannot be used to unlock this iPhone. Please advice me.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 8:26 AM

11 replies

Mar 24, 2016 8:32 AM in response to zazarin79

Apple seems to be having trouble with their activation servers. If you continue to get that message when it’s been resolved, you need to use the Apple ID it’s locked to, or if you’re its original owner, take it and its purchase receipt to a physical Apple Store or otherwise contact Apple.

(140914)

Mar 24, 2016 9:30 AM in response to zazarin79

I have the same problem, I am the original owner and I have my iCloud account working on my computer (mac) and previously on my iphone with out a problem, now that I update my iPhone 5s to the new iOS 9.3 ask me for my iCloud account, and says the same thing "Incorrect Apple ID, cannot be used to unlock this iPhone. Funny thing that the clue that gives you is the same one I am trying, and the account knows that is the correct one because when I try random passwords and other emails it says "incorrect" and when I put the correct account and password just say "Incorrect Apple ID"... Thank you!

Mar 24, 2016 12:55 PM in response to zazarin79

Greetings zazarin79,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after updating your iPhone to iOS 9.3, your current Apple ID and password are not working to activate your device. In some cases, the hint that you see on the Activate iPhone screen may not match your current Apple ID.

We know that this situation can be frustrating, but we’re here to help. To troubleshoot this situation and work towards resolving it, please read over and follow the steps from the following article.

If you can't activate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch after installing a software update - Apple Support

Best

Mar 24, 2016 2:03 PM in response to AppleJoe

Hi Dear,

i've exactly same problem, I'am sure that am using correct original apple ID even i got the hint represented by my first letter from my email account in the ID request, I got tiried from this problem and this is last time I'll update my IPhone to new IOS software 😟

P.S the suggested link didn't help me also and it seems that there's problem in Apple new software because last two days a read many time same story in apple discussions.

I cannot activate iphone 5 after updating iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.