Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lately my Imac is moving very slow. I get the spinning color wheel and it's very slow to go to the next screen. What happened? Is there a way to clean out the computer?

M

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 11:07 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2016 11:18 AM in response to Ladi55

Download the freeware diagnostic, EtreCheck. Use it to provide you with information about your computer. By studying it carefully you may get some ideas on why your computer is running slow. Here are some additional links:

OS X El Capitan- If your Mac runs slowly

Slow Mac Performance? This Article Solves It!

17 Reasons Why Your Mac Runs Slower Than it Should

Runaway applications can shorten battery runtime, affect performance, and increase heat and fan activity.

If you don't have enough memory installed for the number of applications you have loaded, then consider quitting some to free up more memory. The more memory you have installed the better will be the computer's performance, all other things held constant.

Lately my Imac is moving very slow. I get the spinning color wheel and it's very slow to go to the next screen. What happened? Is there a way to clean out the computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.