Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question regarding getting a replacement iPad

So basically i have an existing ipad Air with loads of data on it (photos, music, apps etc) unfortunately my PC is away on repairs so when I get my new iPad, setting it up as new with my current Apple ID won't delete the data from my iTunes (ipad air) ? And when my PC comes back I'll be able to sync with iTunes and move all the data from my iPad Air to the iPad Pro?

ANy help would be appreciated

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 3:27 PM

Using your existing AppleID on the new iPad for iCliud, iMessage, FaceTime, and the App, iTunes and iBook stores will not do anything to your old device at all. Sync'd content in your iCloud account (e.g. Contacts, notes) will sync to the new device. You can also backup the old one to iCloud and just restore the new one from that backup.

You can easily use both with iTunes without any problem, just be sure to name the new one differently so each device has its own name. I currently sync 4 devices to iTunes on my own MacBook Pro.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2016 3:27 PM in response to mcjay669

Using your existing AppleID on the new iPad for iCliud, iMessage, FaceTime, and the App, iTunes and iBook stores will not do anything to your old device at all. Sync'd content in your iCloud account (e.g. Contacts, notes) will sync to the new device. You can also backup the old one to iCloud and just restore the new one from that backup.

You can easily use both with iTunes without any problem, just be sure to name the new one differently so each device has its own name. I currently sync 4 devices to iTunes on my own MacBook Pro.

Question regarding getting a replacement iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.