Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to drag an app between devices?

having recently been one of the ones affected by the 9.3 iPad 2 nightmare on Apple street issues, I was wondering and it's probably a daft question but is it possible to connect two devices to iTunes and then drag an app from one to the other. The reason I ask is I have two apps that are on my iPhone but are simply not available to download anymore For my reinstalled iPad.

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 4:23 PM

11 replies

Mar 24, 2016 4:42 PM in response to Bluejayway

What apps are they?

Are they iPhone apps only because you can download iPhone apps to an iPad. The graphics will just be scaled up to fit.

In the App Store, you can search for this app and redownload it to your iPad.

Just recently, Apple is offering a possible solution for the Activation Server Lock issue.

A solution for Activation Server Lock on iOS 9.3.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206203

Mar 24, 2016 5:17 PM in response to Bluejayway

There is a "hidden" way of downloading old versions.

#1# Assuming that you previously downloaded the app from the app store. Run app store on your ipad. updates > purchased. When you down load from the purchased section, you will get the version of the app for your device.

#2# How to get a new app you never download, but need a back version. convoluted. Download app on itunes running on a computer or on an idevice that supports the app. Use the same apple id you use on your ipad. Now, go back to the ipad. Follow step #1#.

Is it possible to drag an app between devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.