Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV won't accept my ID or password and wont leave the home sharing/settings page

I recently moved and I am trying to set up my apple tv but it wont accept my id or password even though it is obviously correct. I have tried unplugging it, I have reset it I have rest my Wifi and nothing is working. This never happened before I moved. I can either try home sharing or go to my settings and nothing else.

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 10:46 PM

Thanks that worked for me on my Apple TV 2.

So enter your password and a message appears on your iPhone requesting access, click allow, receive the message with a PIN number.

Login in to the Apple TV again with the same I'd, but Apple the PIN number to the end of the password. Switching to 2 factor with no instructions.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2017 10:46 PM in response to fish_tattoo

Thanks that worked for me on my Apple TV 2.

So enter your password and a message appears on your iPhone requesting access, click allow, receive the message with a PIN number.

Login in to the Apple TV again with the same I'd, but Apple the PIN number to the end of the password. Switching to 2 factor with no instructions.

May 24, 2016 6:23 PM in response to HaleyRae1

Same Issue. Somehow, the AppleTV lost the password, and prompted for the iCloud password. After i figured out how to get past the two-step verification process, (enter password followed by 6 digit number), iCloud accepted my password. But when I tried to re-enter the iTune password, no luck. Attempt after attempt, it said incorrect id or password. Yet, iCloud was fine, and accessing via my iMac & Safari is fine.

I tried to reset my AppleTV, following a suggestion on another thread, but now iCloud, iTunes and Home Sharing do not recognize my id or password.

"We are getting aggravated." - The Twins, Matrix Reloaded

My Apple TV won't accept my ID or password and wont leave the home sharing/settings page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.