Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.3 Safari link freezes, crashes Safari

Every time I click on a link in Safari (be it google or on another page), the link goes gray and never opens. If I try pressing several times, the device is completely unresponsive. After about a minute, the Safari crashes.

Please help

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 7:19 PM

I have the same problem with mail, Safari, and messages. Links work with the gmail app. Links work in Chrome but only with a long click to get the option to open in a new tab. It appears this has happened before with 9.2.1 but I could not find an answer that fixed the problem. I do not think it started until 24 hours after the update. iPhone 6s+ 128gb 9.3.

61 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2016 7:19 PM in response to BgladNYC

I have the same problem with mail, Safari, and messages. Links work with the gmail app. Links work in Chrome but only with a long click to get the option to open in a new tab. It appears this has happened before with 9.2.1 but I could not find an answer that fixed the problem. I do not think it started until 24 hours after the update. iPhone 6s+ 128gb 9.3.

Mar 26, 2016 12:33 PM in response to BgladNYC

I have the same problem. It crashes when tapping on external links from any site using any browser (safari, chrome, firefox and even dolphin). This has to be an iOS issue. I tried deleting the Wikipedia app as previously suggested (the Wikipedia app did hijack my search engine the other day when i clicked on a link into the wikipedia site, I accepted the 'allow?' message so this may have altered some settings).

Mar 26, 2016 2:21 PM in response to BgladNYC

I downloaded the iOS 9.3 now and soon after tried surfing in Safari and Chrome. Both of them had this problem. The links do not work. The device crash/freeze. Links work in Chrome but only with a long click to get the option to open in a new tab. Not giving hard reset can be improved..iPhone6 64GB iOs 9.3.

iOS 9.3 Safari link freezes, crashes Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.