Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple halts iOS 9.3 updates for older iDevices due to growing Activation Server Lock issues.

Latest Apple news posted, unbelievably, ELSEWHERE other than on Apple's own website/community tech forums.

Apparently Apple has now halted iOS 9.3 updates for older iDevices due to growing Activation Server Lock issues.

http://www.imore.com/apple-working-ios-93-fix-older-iphone-ipad

iPad, iOS 9.2.1, iPad Pro 128 GB Wifi

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 6:55 PM

9 replies

Mar 24, 2016 7:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

ChrisJ4203 wrote:

Someone just posted in another thread that it may be active again. I cannot verify it, since they did not post a link regarding it being active again, and I've already updated all of my devices, so I cannot be sure. Might be something to watch for.

My 5s is still saying I am up to date at iOS 9.2.1.

Mar 25, 2016 10:58 AM in response to AJ397

This is all rather bizarre as I've just had to deal with a 3 month old iPad Mini that was User ID disabled.

Tried everything including a reset, still the same.

Spent almost an hour on the phone with Apple who polished a few mirrors and blew some smoke and finally blamed it on a credit card issue. Funny that nothing had to be changed on the card and no numbers were given over the phone, but after being told to restart the iPad it miraculously worked properly.

In other words, Apple reset the server but wouldn't admit it ... ever.

The fix, therefore, is to book a call with support and get them to put THEIR problem right. They may, of course, refuse to do it if you're outside the free 90 day support period, but it does rather make a mockery of them claiming that it's only affecting older devices!

Apple halts iOS 9.3 updates for older iDevices due to growing Activation Server Lock issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.