Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Yosemite v10.10.5

I've updated my OS X Yosemite to the version 10.10.5, but after this update I couldn't enter my iCloud password on iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud setting anymore. After some attempts appeared a message saying that I should verify my password on System Preferences.

When I go to the iCloud settings (System Preferences) I can see that my profile is there, but the buttons are locked (even the "account details" button) and there is a message in the upper part of the iCloud setting window saying "Enter your password to continue using iCloud" and then there is a button unlocked to click and enter the password. After had entered the password the system process it and close the popup password setting and absolutely nothing happens.

What can I do to solve this problem?

I have restarted the Mac a dozen times, logged off, checked the iCloud settings from browser (which seemed to be ok)...I've searched solutions on Apple Suport page and talked to friends about that.

I am tired about it! 😟

Thank you so much if you can contribute with some solution.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 9:23 PM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2016 12:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Very unfortunately none of these options worked...when I've tried to install the combo update the following message appeared:

User uploaded file

A worse thing happened...a friend had suggested me to sign out from iCloud on my Mac and sign in again, but when I've tried to sign in the message bellow appeared:

Why is it happening?

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Mar 25, 2016 4:04 PM in response to Marco Busch

I've found an orientation from some site on internet saying that I should go to the key chain preferences and reset it...so I did and and it solved the part that I could sign in the icloud on system preference again. However, it did not solved the problem with the message and facetime and etc...I've tried to restart the Mac and the now the Yosemite does not start anymore...it load until half of the bar and stops there.

What to do???

😠

Mar 25, 2016 9:02 PM in response to Marco Busch

It is some issue with using 2-factor authentication. A few months ago, I reset my AppleID password and afterwards had the problem you describe. The only solution I found was to create app specific passwords for each at https://appleid.apple.com

See article, Using App-Specific Passwords

That worked but then every so often, I would get a pop up asking for the password. I cannot remember where I read to be sure that your AppleID (which is an email address) is listed in your main profile in the Contacts app.

HTH

OS X Yosemite v10.10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.