Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Logic Pro Studio Compatibility with El Capitan?

I have currently own original Logic Studio and its upgrade. I have yet to upgrade to Logic Pro X. I updated my computer to El Capitan and now my music making has came to a screeching halt due to compatibility issues. I spent hours installing the program only to find out that they are not compatible. Soundtrack Pro works perfectly fine but no Logic? I don't see why.. Is there a work around or is it just time to upgrade? Really wasn't expecting this from an apple product that could run the previous version of logic as almost all other apple programs are backwards compatible. I wish the there was a simple code check that could have let me know its incompatibility before wasting over 3 hours on an install. Tried to search the web for info but no luck. Please tell me there is a work around for this!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 3:06 AM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2016 4:49 AM in response to surgicalAIM

You're lucky legacy Logic survived this long. OS X 10.11 brings major technology changes under the hood. Media production is based on AVFoundation, not QTFoundation. Apple stopped supporting pre X versions a long time ago. Upgrade to LPX, learn it, you'll be glad you did. No, there's no work around, it is simply too outdated to run. That happens to all app versions at some point in time.

No Logic Pro Studio Compatibility with El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.