Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MIDI Rumbles!

.My MIDI PLAYS..BUT... BUT I GET A CONSISTEN LINE OF NOTES THAT RUMBLE!?

Even when I'm not even hitting a key.

Anyone have any clues about this?

Re: By way of settings & background:
I have my keyboards going through M-Audio's iControl.
Maybe my (possibly dumb) questions below are part of the problem:

1. Question: In GB preferences: Audio/MIDI the MIDI status does say there are two (2) MIDI inputs....but as far as the Drop-down Menu above that for Audio Input...the choice of MIDI is not there!?

2. Question: Why does it say: Two (2) MIDI inputs detected when it is just my ONE (1) keyboard going through M-Audio's iControl? When I disconnect my one MIDI connection from M-Audio's iControl than the MIDI status in Preferences says: Zero (0) MIDI's devices connected?

I set (I believe) all my keyboards MIDi settings to turn off reverb.

I downloaded a new driver from Yamaha.

Still no joy.

PowerPC G5 Duel 2.3, Mac OS X (10.4.8), 4.5GB RAM; 2HD's; AdobeCS2/Flash8/FCE HD3.5

Posted on Nov 28, 2006 10:28 AM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2006 12:31 PM in response to Bob Lang1

Thanks Bob. I tried again. I got some new info that astounds me: GB track keeps playing this sustained note (and rumble) even when my Yamaha is turned off; even when the iControl is disconnected !!!

It only stops if I mute the track.

So it's still a problem and I can't figure it out but it seems to be a GB thing, not the Yamaha or icontrol.

BTW - I realize I DON'T have a MIDI driver because iControl says it's 'pre-configured with a "class-compliant driver"
and the MIDI driver I got from Yamaha only will recognize a MIDI device plugged directly into the computer through a card...and it will not recognize my Yamaha as a MIDI device because it goes through the iControl (I think).

So close, yet so far.

PowerPC G5 Duel 2.3 Mac OS X (10.4.8) 4.5GB RAM; 2HD's; AdobeCS2/Flash8/FCE HD3.5

My MIDI Rumbles!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.