Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older iMac with airport wireless card, but it won’t connect to the internet.

I have an older iMac with airport wireless card, it sees my network, but won’t connect. Any suggestions?

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 6:43 AM

11 replies

Mar 26, 2016 12:41 AM in response to lynnfrombrighton

If you really need/want to use WPA2 with the iMac in question, you could try an appropriate wireless Ethernet bridge (also known as a gaming or media adapter) connected to the Ethernet port of the computer. These bridge devices (examples include Netgear WNCE2001 and Linksys WET610N) do not normally require special drivers, and can thus be used under almost any operating system. Configuration (typically) via a standard web browser. Check the specifications before you buy. An external wireless Ethernet bridge would replace the AirPort card.

I have an older iMac with airport wireless card, but it won’t connect to the internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.