Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone spontaneously asks for new passcode

Greetings,

When entering my passcode into my iPhone 6 it requested that I create a new passcode. I have not seen this before and unfortunately didn't grab a screen shot. Does the iPhone ever ask for a passcode reset?

Thanks

Kevin

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2016 10:05 AM

Kevner19 wrote:

Greetings,

When entering my passcode into my iPhone 6 it requested that I create a new passcode. I have not seen this before and unfortunately didn't grab a screen shot. Does the iPhone ever ask for a passcode reset?

Thanks

Kevin

If you have a work exchange email account on your phone then yes, it can ask that you change your passcode.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2016 10:05 AM in response to Kevner19

Kevner19 wrote:

Greetings,

Thanks

Kevin

If you have a work exchange email account on your phone then yes, it can ask that you change your passcode.

May 5, 2016 9:24 AM in response to razmee209

The same thing happened to my husband, and we don't have "work exchange email account," whatever that is. Is this a hacking issue? Or a software issue? Is this from the latest update? I had him turn the phone off overnight, and reboot this morning, and so far it's been fine. Is anyone else having this problem? (He's got a 5c) Thanks!

Aug 22, 2016 7:07 AM in response to Kevner19

My wife's phone just experienced this same issue, with a passcode change required immediately. No, she does not have a corporate Exchange email account.

I've been searching the 'net for a half-hour, I see that this has been happening for many months, and I am disturbed that I can't find an official answer to what caused this obvious malfunction. Is this malware? Is Apple going to respond to this bug / malware any time soon?

iPhone spontaneously asks for new passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.