Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icon for website not showing on home screen

When I try to add the Icon from my website to my Home Screen, IOS merely captures of Screen Shot of the page I'm on & doesn't place the Icon. Can anyone help me make my Website Icon appear as a Home Page Icon vs. a screen shot of the page I'm on?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 11:38 AM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2016 5:55 PM in response to MNAlbi

I see what you are trying to do. This is the way adding a bookmark to the home screen has always been. I would say that is some type of coding difference between Safari and whatever browser you are using with your Android device. That is something you may want to take up with the website developer. I've not seen an icon be generated in that manner on an iPhone.

Dec 1, 2016 1:30 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi there,

i hope I could get some help here. I've long known that we can add a safari weblink to our iOS home screen but recently when I used it on my iPad Pro something weird happened.

The added "web-app" is simply mirroring my safari app. Both are just mirroring each other. (for webpages and even tabs.) That just defeats the purpose of having this function. Is it a current bug?

Using: iPad Pro 12.9 WIFI Cellular with iOS 10.1.1

Thanks!

icon for website not showing on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.