Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop / Bluetooth issues after iOS 9.3 & OS X 10.11.4 updates

I updated the operating systems of my mid 2012 non retina MacBook Pro and iPhone 6 this past week and it seems to have wreaked havoc with the bluetooth settings. I can no longer AirDrop files between my phone and laptop (worked perfectly fine before the updates). I have already unpaired (‘forget this device’), restarted and tried to reconnect the devices and even did a nvram reset but nothing seems to help. Does anyone else have this issue? Any idea how it can be remedied?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), iPhone 6 iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 2:57 PM

I cannot speak to your specific problem, but a person I know has used Airdrop between a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.11.4) and an iPad (iOS 9.3). That person told me that both Bluetooth and wi-fi needed to be on...and Airdrop enabled on both devices.

Barry

26 replies

May 17, 2016 9:36 AM in response to tikalouis

Hello,

When I previously spoke with Apple care they said they will release os x 10.11.5 for correcting airdrop and handoff features but today I received the update. After updating still airdrop feature not working. I don't know what is wrong. Any one facing same problem? Can we go to apple store in person for a solution .....?? Any advise

Thank you

Macbook pro retina 2015 early

Iphone 6 iOS 9.3.2

Airdrop / Bluetooth issues after iOS 9.3 & OS X 10.11.4 updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.