Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Links in Safari are inactive after updating to iOS 9.3

iPad Air 2. Updated to iOS 9.3 yesterday, and found that most of times the links in the Safari browser are inactive, i.e. it will not go to its indicated content. For example, my search engine is set to Google. After a search, all the links in Safari are dead. Even with www.apple.com, most links on the right half of the browser are dead. It was okay with all previous versions of iOS. Should I do something in setups so as to make the Safari links alive?

Thanks.

iPad Air, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 2:55 PM

15 replies

Mar 26, 2016 7:17 AM in response to gamgl01

Thanks very much for suggestions. I tried Google's Chrome, and the same thing. Then I cleaned all the Safaris history and website data, and to no avail. It IS not all the links are dead, most of them are and few are not. It sounds like Apple messed up some underlying structure. Hope it is not particular to my device, so Apple will soon device a fix.

Mar 26, 2016 1:19 PM in response to freehold01

It's just a temporary work around until a permanent solution is developed. The issue is affecting all browsers so I'm guessing there's an issue with the java-script engine for iOS 9.3. JavaScript is one of the three main languages in front-end web design which also includes HTML and CSS. Usually these are browser independent so an issue with a website on one browser may not be present on another. I'm not an Apple software engineer so I couldn't tell you for sure how iOS handles javascript.

Links in Safari are inactive after updating to iOS 9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.