Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV4 Remote Firmware Update

My Samsung soundbar volume control does not work. I updated to tvOS 9.2 but the remote never updates to new firmware 245. I did the update on Monday.

I then restored to factory defaults yesterday and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 4:09 PM

14 replies

Apr 27, 2016 12:02 PM in response to fladtheimpaler

OK my Remote is finally at 245, and now it works with my Samsung Soundbar.

This is feedback from Support:

Engineering told me that you would have to go under bluetooth and hit the play/pause button quick 4 times and after you do that and if it doesnt go back its okay. Also Engineers states ”it’s normal (under this tvOS version at least) for the Siri remote to not be listed in bluetooth section.” Well, what they wanted you to try in the bluetooth section, push play/pause button 4 time quickly and just leave the apple tv alone and let it idle for 2 hours. Even if pushing play/pause 4 times and nothing happens, just let it idle and make sure nothing wakes the apple tv up. After 2 hours of idle time go ahead and check if it updated the remote.

I followed the steps several times and it did NOT update the remote far as I can tell. Then yesterday I checked and it was at 245.

This update process seems a bit flaky, but if you do try to force the update use the original instructions as above. Apparently moving the remote in the UI has no bearing on where you need to go to force the update with the Play\Pause 4x routine.

Flad

Apple TV4 Remote Firmware Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.