Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibooks running very slow since 9.3 update

It is now taking 4-5 minutes from selecting a book for the app to actually open it. It has also crashed several times. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Wishing I had not updated at this point.

iPad Air, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2016 7:17 AM

YES and I'm hair pulling frustrated! I am having the same issue along with importing from email books that won't open in iBooks. Sometimes iBooks closes or goes back to the library when I turn a page. Highlight, define and note are extremely difficult if at all. Sometimes the library comes up blank. The spinning gear is the devil.

I've tried closing it down, restarting, checking settings and nothing has worked.

Something is broken in iBooks iOS9.3

iPad Air 2

39 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2016 7:17 AM in response to Morrigan13

YES and I'm hair pulling frustrated! I am having the same issue along with importing from email books that won't open in iBooks. Sometimes iBooks closes or goes back to the library when I turn a page. Highlight, define and note are extremely difficult if at all. Sometimes the library comes up blank. The spinning gear is the devil.

I've tried closing it down, restarting, checking settings and nothing has worked.

Something is broken in iBooks iOS9.3

iPad Air 2

Mar 28, 2016 3:54 PM in response to klmhicks

All of the symptoms mentioned in every posting here I am having too. It's always been nerve wracking wondering whether to update iTunes when a new upgrade appears. For iBooks the last iTunes upgrade before 9.3 worked great, but before that I've had my whole iBooks library disappear twice from my iPad. One never knows -- it's basically a gamble -- and totally infuriating.

Mar 29, 2016 9:22 PM in response to Michael Simpson5

i will never upgrade iOS again until what is released is at least 6 months old. iBooks which the main reason i have an iPad is virtually useless, takes forever to load, covers load slowly, can't scroll with out losing the covers. A complete piece of crap. A nook from Barnes and Noble looks pretty good at this point. SO APPLE WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO??????

Mar 31, 2016 9:24 PM in response to Morrigan13

I have an older iPad mini and right now I want to throw it at the wall.

When I first updated, all my epubs vanished (not purchased on iBooks), after a near heart attack and some frantic Google searching they magically reappeard without me doing anything.

Now it's so slow it times out or crashes. I turned off iBook sync (even though I would like that feature) and it didn't help.

I also read Fanfiction on iBooks - as stories are updated I delete old versions and download the new updated ePub files. When I was trying to do so today iBooks seemed to be holding on the the old version even after deleting it and not opening the new version.

really hoping it's fixed soon.

Ibooks running very slow since 9.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.