Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad not responding on new MacBook pro

RReceived new MacBook Pro with retina and have not been able to get trackpad to respond

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Hasn't worked since I received it

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 6:43 PM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2016 6:50 PM in response to annettefromcharlton

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Apr 26, 2016 2:42 PM in response to johnnygoodface

Actually, the correct device tree to locate the Force Touch Trackpad on the Macbook Pro Retina is as follows:

About this Mac➔System Report➔Hardware➔SPI➔Apple Internal Keyboard/Trackpad

So far, Applecare has not formally acknowledged as a problem the intermittent freeze of the trackpad and keyboard on the 2015/2016 Macbook Pro Retina. Keep contacting Applecare because there is strength in numbers.

May 4, 2016 1:32 PM in response to annettefromcharlton

Identical intermittent freeze problem here too. I'm on my second brand new Macbook Pro Retina. Apple has not acknowledged the problem despite many reports on different threads of the Apple forum but advises to 1) note the exact time and seconds of the next freeze 2) contact an Apple Senior Advisor to "run a capture" which will be forwarded to Apple engineers.

Make sure the clock is already set to display seconds: Date and Time Preferences➔Clock➔Digital➔Display the time in seconds➔Show AM/PM

Trackpad not responding on new MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.