Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with safari in ipad air 2 ios 9.3

I can´t enter to pages in safari, chrome, etc.

I choose a page but when I tried to open it nothing happens

The only way to enter in a page, is from favourites or writting for example www.apple.com; but if I write apple in google and then try to open it nothing happens.

I tried to reboot the ipad but the problem still happens

iPad 2, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 25, 2016 6:53 PM

11 replies

Mar 26, 2016 9:25 AM in response to javierfromsan martin

I have the same problem on my Ipad Air 2 Since upgrading to IOS 9.3. Links within Google search engine or website do not work anymore. Safari also freeze when trying to access the link. Thought of downgrading to 9.2 but unfortunately, I am concerned with losing data.

I installed Google Chrome and seem to work when clicking on a link and open it as a new tab.

I find it quite disappointing that Apple would push an update where there are basic and obvious problems with. Lets hope that an update will be expedited expediously.

Mar 26, 2016 11:28 PM in response to javierfromsan martin

THis so-called "upgrade" has rendered my iPad Air 2 almost unusable!

• Links in email will not open, and when you attempt to do so e-mail freezes.
  • LInks in Google search do not work and the search page frequently freezes.
  • suddenly my iphone 5s which has not been upgraded (thank God!) will not accept my Apple password, but it works on my iPad

IT is inconceivable that a company of Apple's caliber has released such a defective product. I don't dare downgrade or change my password for fear of being stuck in a never-ending tech support mire. I fell bad for the poor souls working for Apple Tech Support.

Mar 27, 2016 2:07 AM in response to javierfromsan martin

OK everyone. Here is a temporary work around till 9.3.1 comes later this week... It has worked for me on an old ipad 2 wifi. Download Chrome browser for ipad.... Then use chrome to browse but when trying to open google links keep the link pressed till it asks do you want to open in a new tab choose the new tab option and the link opens in a new tab. It is a bit clanky but it keeps you going till the fix arrives.

NIck Belfast NI

Mar 27, 2016 2:30 AM in response to javierfromsan martin

It's not just devices that have been updated to 9.3!

I also have an ipad I had not updated (still on 9.2.x) and the problem started on that first and THEN my updated one followed suit!!

Strangely enough advertising links (ie preceded by an A) work perfectly in Safari on google.com but ALL other links freeze the app!

Links work perfectly on Amazon websites!!

Chrome still seems to work as long as you hold the link & "open in new tab"

Mar 27, 2016 10:36 AM in response to npjrogers

That's great, as a temporary measure.

Now I've got links in Safari working and in Chrome, but still no solution for links in Mail.

It really is incredible that Apple have released a product that is so blatantly defective.

The trouble is that there are SO many posts now about this problem that it is almost impossible for anyone to trawl through them to find the s=useful stuff. This was the fix for Safari that I found in another post

I have managed to get Safari links to work using the suggestion provided by Philipkohn copied here:

Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions (put in a pass code)

Disable Restrictions (same pass code)

Hold down On/Off and shutdown

wait 10 sec

Hold On/Off to restart

Settings > Safari > Search Engine > Google

Mar 31, 2016 1:36 PM in response to javierfromsan martin

Hello javierfromsan martin,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that hyperlinks are not behaving as expected after updating to iOS 9.3. We know how frustrating situations like this can be and we want to make sure your devices are working as expected.

iOS 9.3.1 was recently released. Performing this update should resolve this situation.

If hyperlinks don't open in Safari, Mail, or Messages after updating to iOS 9.3 - Apple Support

Cheers!

I have a problem with safari in ipad air 2 ios 9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.