Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't verify iOS 9.3 during upgrade process. says no internet when there is a good internet connection. Tried this over 30 times, even after restarts. Any suggestions?

Can't verify iOS 9.3 during upgrade process. says no internet when there is a good internet connection. Tried this over 30 times, even after restarts. Any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3, Can't verify iOS 9.3 upgrade

Posted on Mar 26, 2016 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2016 3:54 AM

Did you choose the option in iTunes to download the firmware first and install it in a second step after that?

6 replies

Mar 26, 2016 4:06 AM in response to Ingo2711

When I connect the iPhone 4S to iTunes and click check for update I get the message back, "This version of the iPhone software (9.2.1) is the current version." So there is no option to download or install 9.3. However, in the iPhone General settings there is the alert for the new version to be installed, however it always fails on the verify process with the, "No internet connection. Retry or Remind me later." So your idea is a good one but doesn't seem to be available.

Mar 26, 2016 4:21 AM in response to Peter_96

I have exact same problem with 4s a 5 and IPadAir. Have re-set network settings and reconnected to hub. Try to Install and got stuck at Verification stage!! Tried toggling Aeroplane mode on/off which was another suggested fix to no avail. Could it be that devices I have are too old and Apple have blocked the update until revised version released?

Mar 26, 2016 5:04 AM in response to Peter_96

Hi Sidedrum, The restore of the phone is almost done for my 4S. You should contact Apple chat or phone support and they'll guide you through restores to eliminate the 9.3 software on the devices so you don't see that message on them. Here are two links they just gave me:

https://www.apple.com/support/contact/

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetCaseDetails.action

I think the second link is if you already have an active support case.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.