Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 4th generation cannot connect with iTunes.

My nano can function normally but just cannot connect to iTunes. How can i update ?

My iTunes is the latest version but i haven't update my nano for a long time so what i can do now?

iPod nano, iOS 1.x

Posted on Mar 26, 2016 4:14 AM

7 replies

Mar 26, 2016 5:53 PM in response to xtinalian

What happens when you try to connect it to iTunes?

If possible, try a different USB docking cable, to rule out faulty cable as the cause.

When you connect it, watch the iPod's screen. Does it say "Do not disconnect" or "Connected" or give other indication of a connection? Or does it only show the battery charging symbol? Or does it not react at all to being connected?

Is your computer running iTunes a Mac or Windows PC? If Windows, what version?

Mar 30, 2016 2:08 AM in response to xtinalian

it only show the battery charging symbol.

If you only see the battery charging symbol, that indicates there is no data connection between the iPod and MacBook. There is a power connection.

If you have not already, do a Reset (restart) on the iPod.

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Disconnect all USB devices from MacBook. Connect MacBook to its power adapter, so that it's not running on battery power. Run iTunes and connect iPod to a direct USB port on MacBook, by itself. If MacBook has multiple USB ports, try them all.

If there is no change (iPod still just shows battery charging symbol when connected), put the iPod into Disk Mode

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Connect it to MacBook in the same way. And difference?

If no difference, there are three key possibilities:

- Problem with USB port. Try something else on MacBook's USB port(s), such as a USB flash drive, to confirm port(s) working.

- Problem with USB docking cable. The cable may be damaged or worn out, and only connecting for power (not data). If possible, try a different cable to rule out faulty cable.

- Problem with iPod. For example, iPod's dock connector may be damaged or worn out, and only connecting for power; visually inspect dock connector for debris blocking connection points.

ipod nano 4th generation cannot connect with iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.