Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF doesn't open on iOS 9.3 mail

When I try to open pdf attachments on mail app for iPhone, it only shows the first page of a pdf and it thinks it is a photo to save. I tried to press and hold the pdf and it tells me to save to camera roll. there isn't any options to view it on other app.

It is really frustrating. Please help.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2016 7:32 AM

14 replies

Apr 23, 2016 12:53 AM in response to Tiago_NL

I don't have this app installed so it doesn't help me, although I'm glad it fixed your problem. I believe it's an issue with iOS 9.3.1 and the mail app, only due to the fact that my issue wasn't present until after I updated, and my iPad Air 2 also developed this problem after the iOS update, and it doesn't have any other apps installed other than what it was delivered with.

Apr 24, 2016 2:44 AM in response to Daniel 81

Uninstalling the Bamboo Spark app worked for me too. When I reinstall the app the problem pops up again.

In my case the problem occurred for the first time after upgrading to iOS 9.3. I think that it's a bug in iOS 9.3 that can be triggered by apps that try to hook in the "open attachment with"-dialog. It could be an idea to uninstall apps that deal with graphics or pdfs and check if the problem persists.

As long as the bug is not fixed I use MS outlook ;-)

Apr 27, 2016 9:06 PM in response to melvin279

I just opened my mail app today and the attached PDF was an attachment, rather than the imbedded image that it has been over the last few weeks. I had done a couple of app updates, but nothing that I would've thought would have an impact on the mail/PDF issues. I'll be keeping an eye on it though, my wife's phone is still having this issue. I still think that it might be an apple bug with the last iOS update.

Aug 31, 2016 12:26 AM in response to Bankelal

Since a few days I have the same problem with my iPhone 6S and only with the iOS mail app. Upgrade to 9.3.5 did not help. With the outlook app I have no problem (using the same mail!) and also with my iPad Air it works. It must be some kind of bug in iOS. I might try uninstalling the bamboo spark (I have it as well), but only temporarily as I need it to sync. Hope there will be a bugfix soon. Any hint would be appreciated as well.

PDF doesn't open on iOS 9.3 mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.