Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the update to iOS 9.3 compass is not working anymore

.. and it is not only the compass, also the maps are not turning anymore into driving direction. It seems to be an OS issue, as I have the same problem with all the Apps using maps or directions based on compass information.

Anybody the same experience or a solution?

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3, just updated to 9.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2016 11:51 AM

9 replies

Jun 26, 2016 9:08 AM in response to dilbert6370

I am having this exact same issue on the iphone 6 running 9.3.2 Nothing seems to fix the issue. I can plug an address into google or imaps and navigate just fine. But the compass doesn't work. When trying to use imaps to navigate on foot without plugging in an address or location, the screen never rotates allowing you to navigate with a compass feature. This also effects the geocaching app and star guide. extremely frustrating!!

Jul 8, 2016 9:23 AM in response to dilbert6370

Same problem here. Nothing seems to help. It's interesting, that it works sometimes. But most of the time the compass and all gyro/compass dependent software are 30-180 degrees off. Sometimes, but only sometimes ( can be a coincidence ) it helps to move the phone in a 8 pattern and then I get almost a calibrated compass. All the suggestions with fresh install, calibration off/on in the privacy settings didn't work. I really hope that Apple will be able to fix this as soon as possible.

Since the update to iOS 9.3 compass is not working anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.