Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The graph on my Health app changed from line graph to bar graph. How do I change it back?

The graph on my health app changed from a line graph to a bar graph. How do I change it back?

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 26, 2016 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2016 6:42 PM

this graph is not acceptable to me either. Would Apple please provide option to enable old graph.

If not, would like to hear more security concerns and any others which let you decide with new graph without having the old option.

I Appreciate what Apple has been doing. This is first ever initiative which is not appreciate.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2016 6:42 PM in response to glenfromhopewell

this graph is not acceptable to me either. Would Apple please provide option to enable old graph.

If not, would like to hear more security concerns and any others which let you decide with new graph without having the old option.

I Appreciate what Apple has been doing. This is first ever initiative which is not appreciate.

Mar 31, 2016 11:39 PM in response to fulous

This is why I do not like to do the frequent IOS updates. But if I do not update, Apple asks me daily on my screen with no option to say no... only update now or remind me later. So, I give In. The result? Mindless changes like the switch to skinny bar charts in the health app with no option to switch back. Worse yet, past updates screwed up my iTunes playlists. So, I switched to Spotify. Apple is starting to behave like Microsoft.

Apr 7, 2016 12:36 PM in response to fulous

I completely agree! I hate the new graph. At least give me the option to still view my health data in the line graph. I was starting to use the health app more frequently because the interface worked for me but this new update leaves me less inclined to continue, at least with increasing frequency that I did before. Also, I agree that changing things so frequently that you're constantly have to readjust or relearn how to use it was an advantage macs had over pc's... I hope that doesn't change. The new bar graphs may work great for some people, and that's awesome, but at least give those of us who's minds may work a little differently the option to keep the line graph!

Apr 20, 2016 3:38 PM in response to glenfromhopewell

Quite apart from the graph style change which given the spacing of 7 narrow vertical bars in comparison to the width is difficult to impossible to judge trends or compare days on weekly basis we have to consider two almost indistinguishable shades of of orange. In contrast previously we had an orange background contrasting with a bright orange to near white line. Not that orange is necessarily a good background color anyway. Then we consider the change to steps as the only unit from steps or distance and we have a nearly useless pair of metrics for the everyday user. i suggest the developer goes and tucks themselves up with the a copy of the use-ability guidelines and asks they're line manager hoe this got through QA. BTW I completely understand the phone is not an accurate pedometer.

Apr 30, 2016 10:16 AM in response to fulous

Fulous, I agree. Having a UI that is consistent was an Apple hallmark. The UI was part of the user experience that Steve Job's was advocating just as much as the industrial design of the hardware package. The constant tinkering of the UI in various apps, to me shows that Apple has lost its way with the basic principles that made the company great.

The graph on my Health app changed from line graph to bar graph. How do I change it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.