Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PhotoJpg in compressor 4

Hi I'm new in Apple and want to convert a Prores 422 or 444 into a Quicktime movie with Photo-Jpg compression. I purchased today Compressor 4 and foud that there is not a direct preset for that. I found that the Prores 422 could be changed into photo-jpg, but since I'm newbie I have doubts that this will be the right setting to get a Photo-Jpg. Maybe there is any other way.

also would like to create a preset called Photo-Jpg when I found the way to get it, and store somewhere in the presets, I see there are custom presets but I cannot find a way to create a new one with this preferences. Can you pleas help me ?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Posted on Mar 27, 2016 6:19 AM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2016 4:43 AM in response to TONOB

TONOB wrote:

I found that the Prores 422 could be changed into photo-jpg, but since I'm newbie I have doubts that this will be the right setting to get a Photo-Jpg. Maybe there is any other way.

also would like to create a preset called Photo-Jpg when I found the way to get it, and store somewhere in the presets, I see there are custom presets but I cannot find a way to create a new one with this preferences. Can you pleas help me ?

To make a custom setting. Choose Quick Time Movie for Format. In Video, change the QT Settings which opens up the QT dialogue. In the Compressor drop-down, choose Photo JPEG. Use the Quality slider to adjust bit rate.

Good luck.

Russ

Mar 29, 2016 5:29 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ. I want to "store" the custom setting as a "new setting" that could appear in my list of presets. I can do it one time or two, but I mostly the 95% of the times will need this settings, and would find very helpful a way to store as in many other APP you can save your own settings and use them again without having to repeat all the task every single time. Is that possible?

And as for the "Quick time Movie" is not an existing preset in my drop-down list. I have

- Pro-res

- Apple devices

- Motion graphics

I use to choose Motion Graphics and then select "Quick time animation" (note I'm translating from my language so maybe the setting name is not exactly the same in english). Then I change the compression method to Photo-Jpeg and select the quality.

Don't know if this choice (instead the "Quicktime movie" that you mentioned) is good, or instead that I should choose another from Prores list or whatever....

thanks in advance

Mar 29, 2016 5:42 AM in response to TONOB

TONOB wrote:

Hi Russ. I want to "store" the custom setting as a "new setting" that could appear in my list of presets.

You can create scores of custom settings and they will be stored in the Custom section of the Settings list. The technique is to duplicate a built-in preset. Make whatever adjustments you need in the Inspector to video and audio parameters. For example, change the Frame Size, Frame Rate, codec, bit rate. Give the setting a descriptive name and then re-use it as many times as you need to,

And as for the "Quick time Movie" is not an existing preset in my drop-down list. I have

The QuickTime Movie setting is available from the Drop Down menu, which you get to by clicking the + button bottom left.

User uploaded file

Good luck.

Russ

Mar 29, 2016 6:12 AM in response to Russ H

Ooops I had as "Hide" the Settings/ Locations left side bar, Now I have activated and can see all your mentioned settings. I created a PHOTO-JPG custom setting keeping your advices and seem to work ! thanks so much. I could not find any info about this in the Help menu of compressor.

just want to make sure that the new custom created setting will be there "forever"

Thanks so much for your help !!!

Mar 29, 2016 7:10 AM in response to TONOB

TONOB wrote:

just want to make sure that the new custom created setting will be there "forever"

Well, forever is a long time. 😉 But you'll find them in your Home library, in Application Support, in the Settings sub-folder of the Compressor folder. You could back up that folder (just make a copy) to be doubly sure.

Russ

PhotoJpg in compressor 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.