Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet sharing not working after sleep

Hi all!

I'm mainly use Ethernet for my macbook but uses the wifi as a internet sharing for my Iphone. every thing is working fine before my macbook goes to sleep and when it awakes from it, the wifi won't be able to work.

Note that, my macbook still have internet excess through Ethernet and the file sharing will still be on but my iphone as no connection to it.

(My iphone is perfectly fine as it will work if i connect it to other Wifi network.) - i did try forgetting the network on my iphone but it doesn't work.

The wifi on my MBP will be constantly searching for network when there is already so many networks around. And if I ignore that and re-start the file sharing, although my iphone will be able to detect the hotspot but it will just keep trying to connect and there won't be of any use. Also, I have tried the diagnostic network and it says that my wifi settings and network failed. I have no idea how to prevent or solve this problem.

Anyone out there who can help me I greatly appreciate that!

Regards,

COTDS

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Mar 27, 2016 8:58 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2016 3:38 AM in response to COTDS

I'm looking for a long term solution for this problem, but the short term fix is to open System Preferences -> Sharing

1. Click the tick next to internet sharing (this turns sharing off)

2. Wait for a few seconds (if you proceed to step 3 too quickly it sometimes doesn't work, and you have to restart at 1 above)

3. Click the tick again (to turn sharing back on) and press "Start" in the pop up menu.

It should now work again.

Internet sharing not working after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.