Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp can not detect Windows support software

Hi Guys!

1. I have a question, I started my bootcamp and Pressed the first 2 options and clicked Continue:

http://postimg.org/image/9mly0tvjl/

2. This is what I did in step "2.". I did choose the iso file Windows 7 Home Premium and boot camp accepted it and it was loading all fine!

http://postimg.org/image/tg97p5fu5/

3. And now it was time for step 3:

http://postimg.org/image/554gf7i3x/

After that Boot camp letting me decide how many GB I want to save for Windows... I picked 500GB (Half) and clicked on "Install".. but the problem is right here..

It says that: "Boot Camp can not detect Windows support software.." and so on.

Where do you think that the problem is? Is it problem on ISO file?

I would appreciate any kind of help very much,

Thank you.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Mar 27, 2016 1:18 PM

8 replies

Mar 27, 2016 2:19 PM in response to Game_Lover

Please download Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5640 to another USB flash drive (let us call this the Driver USB). It supports your 2013 27-inch iMac as highlighted.

Post Date: Feb 11, 2014

File Size: 925.6 MB

System Requirements

• MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Early 2014)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch & 15-inch, Mid 2014)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2013)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch & 15-inch, Late 2013)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013)
  • iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Late 2013)
  • Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, 64 bit

Once you download the this .zip file, open it, and

1. Copy the $WinPEDriver$ folder from the Driver USB to the W7 USB which you will use to install Windows 7.

2. Copy the entire Bootcamp folder from the Driver USB to the W7 USB which you will use to install Windows 7.

3. Copy the AutoUnattend.xml from the Driver USB to the W7 USB which you will use to install Windows 7.

These should be copied to the 'root' of the W7 USB Installer. It should look similar to this in OSX Finder.

User uploaded file

Mar 28, 2016 11:18 AM in response to Game_Lover

Game_Lover wrote:

Should I have the iso file AND these files from 2013 in the main usb flash?

No. Your USB Installer flash drive (it cannot be a USB disk or an SD Card) should be empty and erased/formatted as FAT. The ISO should be on Documents folder. After BCA builds the USB, then you will need to replace the files (as in my steps 1-3), before your check the last installation check box.

Mar 28, 2016 12:16 PM in response to Game_Lover

I do not have access.

1. Get two USB flash drives, 8GB and 2GB.

2. Format both as FAT/MBR using Disk Utility.

3. Use the 8GB and run BCA and click on the first two options and point to the ISO when prompted. This will build a USB Installer. Disconnect this USB.

4. Download the W7 support software to the 2GB USB.

5. Unzip the downloaded support software.

6. Connect the 8GB USB and drag the $WinPEDriver$, AutoUnattend.xml and Bootcamp folder to the 8GB USB, replacing the files that BCA put on the 8GB USB.

7. Run SMC and NVRAM reset.

Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

8. Run BCA and connect the 8GB USB, choose the last option - Install Windows... and check if the installer starts. Do not interrupt the installation with Alt/Option.

9. If your USB drives are not USB2, you will have problems.

Please post any error messages and the step number where you get an error.

Boot Camp can not detect Windows support software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.