Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center not working

application: Game Center iOS/version:9.3 currently (been happening for a while (multiple versions))

WheN I use Game Center all I get is a white screen, I tried signing in in the settings but when ever I hit Game Center when I'm in settings it freezes up the settings app. this has been happening for a long time even after the update to 9.3 After I updated to 9.3 I went straight to gamecenter and it worked!!! For about 5 seconds then became unresponsive so I closed out the app and went back on and now it's back to how it was before.User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2016 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2016 7:41 PM

I have a solution that has worked! It does require a restore but its worth it!

I had this issue and i contacted Apple support, and they told me that i had to back up my iDevice, then you erase all contents and settings, BUT instead of restoring backup right after, you should instead set up device as new, and sign in to gamecentre. Then after signing in to gamecentre and making sure its working, you can then restore your backup. Voila, gamecentre works like a charm after restoring your backup.

In a nutshell; You can 1) erase all content and settings 2) setup as new 3) sign into gamecenter and make sure it works 4) restore from backup and test out.

The way it works, he told me is when we are setting up as new the apple id tries to make a fresh connection with gamecenter. Once that fresh connection is established then gamecenter is reading that apple id over again. Which is why we want to do it as new device first. Then when we restore from backup gamecenter still remembers the last connection.You can then restore your backup and the device reads the good link that you previously had with the apple id. Worked for me and i hope this helps.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2016 7:41 PM in response to SkyBlockKing

I have a solution that has worked! It does require a restore but its worth it!

I had this issue and i contacted Apple support, and they told me that i had to back up my iDevice, then you erase all contents and settings, BUT instead of restoring backup right after, you should instead set up device as new, and sign in to gamecentre. Then after signing in to gamecentre and making sure its working, you can then restore your backup. Voila, gamecentre works like a charm after restoring your backup.

In a nutshell; You can 1) erase all content and settings 2) setup as new 3) sign into gamecenter and make sure it works 4) restore from backup and test out.

The way it works, he told me is when we are setting up as new the apple id tries to make a fresh connection with gamecenter. Once that fresh connection is established then gamecenter is reading that apple id over again. Which is why we want to do it as new device first. Then when we restore from backup gamecenter still remembers the last connection.You can then restore your backup and the device reads the good link that you previously had with the apple id. Worked for me and i hope this helps.

Game Center not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.