Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't change payment information

I can't change payment information because when I click "payment information" It's stop and nothing happens and hang. Please help me!

iPhone 5, iOS 9.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2016 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2017 7:21 AM

I'm having this problem too. Did you ever figure out a solution?

I tried to buy a movie a few weeks ago, but my old credit card is expired. Anytime I click on the edit button, I can see the edit page. But as soon as I click on my old cc number iTunes hangs and then quits.

I just tried to update it again and same problem.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2017 7:21 AM in response to fiduke27

I'm having this problem too. Did you ever figure out a solution?

I tried to buy a movie a few weeks ago, but my old credit card is expired. Anytime I click on the edit button, I can see the edit page. But as soon as I click on my old cc number iTunes hangs and then quits.

I just tried to update it again and same problem.

Feb 17, 2018 2:42 AM in response to Photofilm

Tried this this morning and the loop was gone :

update your billing info using the appleid website.

Click "Account info" in Itunes, then click on "Edit at appleid.apple.com"

You'll be redirected to the webpage and you'll have to create secret questions to protect your account and then you can change your billing info.

Sign out of appleid and try to buy on Itunes.

Hope it lasts.

Jan 19, 2018 4:56 PM in response to mkyweriga

For what it's worth, I had this problem too both end of last year and today - tried updating online via the Apple website (changed to PayPal, updated credit card expiry, changed to a different credit card) and nothing worked. Continual crashes. And I'm on the latest version as well.

I thought changing to PayPal was going to work, but then it needed a verification code to be sent to my mobile As soon as I did then in iTunes, when trying to purchase music, I entered the never ending loop of crashes again.

I FIXED IT this morning:

1. in iTunes, went into billing info, and selected "none".
  2. It somehow let me save without any payment method.
  3. When I then went to buy music, I was able to enter credit card details completely fresh, save and then buy music.

No idea why this worked, but am glad it did!

Mar 29, 2016 8:38 AM in response to Photofilm

Hello there, Photofilm.

It seems you're having issue changing payment information for your Apple ID on your iPhone 5. The following Knowledge Base article offers some great steps and additional recommendations for doing just that:

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information

Use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, only your family organizer can update the payment information.
  4. Change or remove your information. To remove your payment method, select None. Get help if you don't see None or can't select it.
    User uploaded file
  5. Tap Done.

If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

{...}

Get help

If you want to update any other account information, sign in to your Apple ID account page.

If you need help changing your payment information, credit card details, or billing information, contact iTunes Store support. Or you might find the answer to your question below:

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

I can't change payment information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.