Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband's phone calls show up on my phone.

My husband's phone calls show up on my phone. If he misses a call, it shows on my phone as a missed call. He gets LOTS of phone calls through his business and I'd like to make this stop. Does anyone know how?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2016 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2016 5:35 PM

Ok, so if I create new Apple IDs for each phone in my household, what happens to all of the contacts and everything on the phones with new ID's. And with the mother computer which is the "backup and saving computer" also the computer that houses the photo library. Yes we use iCloud, but not for everything on the phone. I don't understand that we have had iPhones for over 10 years and have never had this problem until the last couple weeks when we went to ios10. I would like to find a fix without the multiple apple ID's because we can't lose the info on the phones.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2016 5:35 PM in response to DonnaDarko

Ok, so if I create new Apple IDs for each phone in my household, what happens to all of the contacts and everything on the phones with new ID's. And with the mother computer which is the "backup and saving computer" also the computer that houses the photo library. Yes we use iCloud, but not for everything on the phone. I don't understand that we have had iPhones for over 10 years and have never had this problem until the last couple weeks when we went to ios10. I would like to find a fix without the multiple apple ID's because we can't lose the info on the phones.

Nov 4, 2016 12:57 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

You are incorrect, this has not been that way for a year, this issue just began in October. The iOS update just prior to iOS 10 appears to be the cause, there have been no changes to any of the 4 phones my family has that share an account. All of our phone logs now show up on every device, if this is "working as designed" then Apple is dumber than I thought.

Nov 30, 2016 5:45 PM in response to vankeno

I don't understand why you've only had this situation for a couple of weeks, when the feature has been on all iPhones for over a year. The reason you didn't have it 10 years ago is that iCloud has only been around for a couple of years, so with no iCloud this feature wasn't available. If you have separate IDs and use family sharing you can still share a calendar. For Contacts, turn off the shared ID and you will be prompted to keep contacts on the phone. When you create a new ID those contacts will be associated with the new ID. Does everyone really need each other's contacts? I have 1100, my wife has 300, and there isn't that much overlap.

Anyway, you have a feature enabled that allows you to answer a call on any device. That's why all devices sharing an Apple ID ring. It's a great feature; if I'm at my Mac I can answer a phone call from it, rather than pull out my phone. Likewise for my iPad. You can turn off this feature; go to Settings/phone and turn off Calls on other devices. Or just turn off some devices. Do this on each device.

Nov 30, 2016 6:23 PM in response to vankeno

vankeno wrote:

I don't understand that we have had iPhones for over 10 years

I don't understand that either since the original iPhone was released in the summer of 2007...

I would like to find a fix without the multiple apple ID's because we can't lose the info on the phones.

Apple IDs were never intended to be shared. Follow the instructions above to preserve what you can on the individual phones, and stop sharing an account for iCloud.

My husband's phone calls show up on my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.