Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 9.3 Calendar

When I pick a date on the calendar to add an event to the screen opens to the nearest event date already entered instead of the new date. Is there a setting that controls this behavior?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2016 7:04 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2016 7:16 PM in response to curtjacobs

There is no setting, but when you tap and hold on a specific date, for example, in the monthly view, a new, blank event will be created under your finger. If you let go, a detail window will open so you can complete all fields, but the date is already pre-filled with the date that you selected. Is that not working for you?

Mar 30, 2016 6:20 AM in response to curtjacobs

I think I understand what you are saying Curtjacobs.. I am thinking that is the same issue (one of them) that I am having:

I successfully added some appointments yesterday for future dates, but last night I was trying to look at a date in April to move an appointment to, and it wouldn't let me open that date, UNLESS I actually went into the appt. I wanted to move and picked a date in there and moved it. Then I tried to adde a different appointment TWICE (at least) to the current day (which was yesterday 3/29) at a later hour, so it would remind me of something, and I entered it and it disappeared. Never could get it to add.

Mar 30, 2016 7:07 AM in response to curtjacobs

I found last night that if event view shows when you tap on a date the event nearest the date you want to add an event to opens. I had to change to day view by pressing the icon with three bars at the top of the screen after I tapped on a date. Then the day would show after tapping on a day in month view so I could add an event to the day I wanted to.

iPhone 9.3 Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.