Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion5 Shape / Point animation easing in/out?

Dear Communities,

I have been trying to find out if there is indeed a way to ease in / out keyframe changes that is done onto point level animations as you can see in the screenshot below. I am using Motion 5.2.2.

User uploaded file

As you can see the timeline's flat...So far it won't let me enable easing in/out properties onto Shape.Animation at all....so I am wondering if there is a way to ease them...

I am thinking of creating a Rig which (hopefully) opens more options for me - but the "Add To Rig" isn't on the list...

User uploaded file

Hence any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

cascad85

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on Mar 28, 2016 10:21 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2016 8:56 PM in response to Cascad85

This is a bit of a cheat.

You can't retime your shape, but you can select your animated shape and Clone it and retime the clone. (Turn off the original shape after cloning.)

In Properties > Timing, set the Time Remap to Variable Speed.

Go through and for each keyframe in your original shape, set the playhead on the frame of the keyframe and set a keyframe for the Retime Value.

Open the keyframe editor and isolate Retime Value in the Animated list. Option click the checkbox. Select a keyframe and type command-A to select all of them. Right click on a keyframe and set the interpolation to Bezier (you'll probably want more than Ease Both will give you. Hold down the shift key as you drag out the bezier control points to constrain to "level".

You will probably want to make the original animation a bit longer. Since this is a bit of a hack, you might notice some "frame by frame" action as you get close to the retime keyframes. Since you'll be speeding up segments between keyframes, lengthening the project will give you "transitions" that last a more normal speed to the original - you can adjust the beziers to reduce frame by frame appearance, or use motion blur to help smooth it out.

Motion5 Shape / Point animation easing in/out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.