Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Lists Not Refreshing

Just this morning, podcast lists in iTunes 12.3.3 won't refresh. Same with iTunes on 10.7.5. The Podcast app on the iPad, iOS 9.3 do refresh as expected. This has to be a problem on Apple's end, but the System Status page shows no problems reported.

MacBook (late '06), Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 2:03 AM

8 replies

Mar 29, 2016 7:11 PM in response to bbfrodo

No, I meant delete, but that may have been overkill. Apple Tech Support suggested going to iTunes > Preferences > Store and UNchecking the box for "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings." Sounds strange, but it worked. If you leave the box checked, you can refresh the podcast lists after signing out of iTunes. Seriously. I tested it on two Macs and a Windows 10 virtual machine.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Mar 30, 2016 2:51 PM in response to BillD in Reno

The problem still exists on my Mac/iTunes. Your fix of unchecking "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings" worked. When I checked that setting again podcast refresh stopped working. Rebooted and still wouldn't work with that setting checked.

Why do I keep updating iTunes? Every other iTunes update breaks something. When I get a stable version I need to stop updating.

Podcast Lists Not Refreshing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.