Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app tremendously laggy after iOS 9.3 update

Is anyone else having problems with extreme lag in the Notes app after the 9.3 update?

By extreme, I mean it can take 15 seconds or more to respond to a key press, or the tapping of an icon, within the Notes app. This is only happening in the Notes app. Every other aspect of the device is absolutely fine.

It doesn't appear to be related to note size. It can happen with a brand new note.

I believe this may be linked to syncing. I've got 9.3 on my iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Pro. If I completely switch off one of the devices, there appears to be zero lag when I edit a note on the other device. However, as soon as I have both devices switched on, the lag comes back.

Likewise, if I switch off Notes sync under iCloud settings on one device, it immediately starts responding normally on the other device. Switch the option back on, and back comes the lag.

I love using the Notes app for making quick notes when out and about, but this problem has made it almost unusable for that purpose.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Regards,

Mark

iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 3:41 AM

Well, I guess that's me done with Apple Notes then.

Not only is the above still happening, but syncing has now stopped between my devices, rendering the app virtually useless.

I've tried resetting all settings, signing out of iCloud on all devices and back in, hard re-boots etc and nothing works.

Such a shame, as they finally got the app to the point where it's functionally excellent, but ruin it with all these problems.

I'm starting to think Apple should just stick to hardware and traditional software, as they just can't work the Cloud out at all, even after all these years.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 3:41 AM in response to markavey

Well, I guess that's me done with Apple Notes then.

Not only is the above still happening, but syncing has now stopped between my devices, rendering the app virtually useless.

I've tried resetting all settings, signing out of iCloud on all devices and back in, hard re-boots etc and nothing works.

Such a shame, as they finally got the app to the point where it's functionally excellent, but ruin it with all these problems.

I'm starting to think Apple should just stick to hardware and traditional software, as they just can't work the Cloud out at all, even after all these years.

Notes app tremendously laggy after iOS 9.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.