Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to arrange iPod Touch 6G apps in iTunes 12.3.3.17

I noticed recently that I have lost the ability to arrange my app icons on my iPod Touch 6G using iTunes. The Settings>Apps windows shows the list of apps but the right side pane just shows a spinning fan. I don't remember this being a problem before the last iOS update. I can still arrange icons on the iPod of course but I don't have any way to rename folders for example.

My iPad Air 2 does not exhibit this problem with iOS 9.3.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions for correcting it would be welcome.

iPod touch, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 9:59 AM

I did a restore to a previous back up last night and that didn't correct the issue.

User uploaded file

9 replies

Apr 3, 2016 4:33 PM in response to jonjonml

Actually, after I did the restore something happened and the problem came back on the iPod. So I did another factory restore and I was again able to see the apps pane in iTunes at first. Something happened, either when adding back apps and content, and now the right side app pane doesn't come up and I'm left with a spinning windmill. Since the iPod is actually functioning fine and I don't need any app re-arrangement right now, I've kind of given up for awhile. Perhaps everything will be corrected with new versions of iTunes or iOS, one can hope anyway.

It's interesting to me that you are seeing this problem with your iPad Air 2. I just verified that the problem does not occur with my iPad Air 2, just with the iPad Touch 6G.

Anyway, best of luck my friend and please post back any further troubleshooting results.

Apr 10, 2016 8:32 AM in response to LotsaCaffeine68

I think we should all submit Bug Reports to Apple about this problem since it affects multiple users and iPod, iPad, and iPhone. Give them the link to this thread to show that it is not an isolated user error.

Here's Apple's feedback link.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I found the best thing to give feedback on was my iPod since they have a "bug report" option.

Thanks for letting me know it's not just me!

Unable to arrange iPod Touch 6G apps in iTunes 12.3.3.17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.