📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone in water, sound won't come out when talking on the phone

Today i dropped my iphone 6 in the sink and everything is working perfect, but when I call someone or someone calls me I can't hear them. They can hear me, i can hear them when i put them on speaker but i can't hear them when i put my phone to my ear. What can i do? Its currently in rice right now.

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 3:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 6:18 PM

I guess your definition of 'working perfect' is different from that of most people.

What's wrong is that it's been damaged by exposure of the electronics to liquid.

Make an appointment at the genius bar and get an out of warranty replacement. Sooner or later, the corrosion that started when it got water inside it will cause it to fail completely.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2016 6:18 PM in response to remmi0

I guess your definition of 'working perfect' is different from that of most people.

What's wrong is that it's been damaged by exposure of the electronics to liquid.

Make an appointment at the genius bar and get an out of warranty replacement. Sooner or later, the corrosion that started when it got water inside it will cause it to fail completely.

Mar 29, 2016 5:49 PM in response to remmi0

It isn't working perfectly if something on it doesn't work. If you turned it on while it was wet you probably did more damage than the initial soaking did. Your best option is to dry it completely (like for a week) before attempting to use it again. But even that isn't a guarantee that it will work right again. If you take it to Apple they will replace it at a heavily discounted price, as long as you don't try to fix it yourself (or have someone else try to fix it).

I dropped my phone in water, sound won't come out when talking on the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.