Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARD Issues after 2016-002 update (including ARD 3.8.5 update)

My system updated ARD to 3.8.5 and did the 2016-002 update at the same time, so I'm not completely sure what's causing my issues here...

I noticed after doing these updates that when I access my client computer via ARD, I can only actually control one of the 3 computer monitors on that computer. When I try scrolling the mouse past the first monitor, it gets blocked, as if there are no other monitors there. However, while this is doing this, I can actively see my other 2 client monitors on the ARD screen. It detects that they are there, but for some reason I cannot use the mouse pointer to do anything on those screens. This is a problem I've never had before, until doing these 2 updates.

I was able to revert both the client and remote computers back to ARD 3.8, however the problem still is persisting. I'm wondering now if something in the 2016-002 update is causing this. Unfortunately I do not have time machine running on my client machine, therefore i cannot revert back to before installing this update to see if that's the problem.

Is anyone experiencing this? I'm not being completely prevented from accessing my client machine, but this bug is really a hinderance.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 10:02 AM

I have the same issue. I solved it by dragging the small menu bar in System Preferences -> Displays to the leftmost display. It is not a perfect solution but a workaround while Apple fixes de bug.

2 replies

ARD Issues after 2016-002 update (including ARD 3.8.5 update)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.