Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download free apps without a credit card??

Every time I go to download a free app it won't let me says I have to confirm credit card number I don't have one

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 7:48 PM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2016 8:26 PM in response to Chelsa2

There are normally some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunes account that workaround the need for a card, otherwise once the account is set up iTunes may still expect you to provide one, which you can subsequently remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit card at this time you can try this method...

1. Enable the menu bar if needed with Ctrl+B (Applies to Windows only)
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store item on the menu bar
  3. Go to iTunes Store home page
  4. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID
  6. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue. You shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card.

It is worth noting that one of the functions of the registration is to prove you have a valid billing address in the region whose store you are trying to use.

User uploaded file

tt2

Can't download free apps without a credit card??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.