Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my iPod touch 6 ever be able to do Live Photos and 3D Touch?

I just bought the newest iPod touch and I'm disappointed that it doesn't have 3D Touch or many other things the latest iPhone has. When will my iPod (the latest model) have 3D Touch and Live Photos

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 9:29 PM

7 replies

Jun 6, 2017 4:36 PM in response to ducklover1231

No, unfortunately not. As some people note it is not supported in the hardware. That said, it could be supported in software because people's fingers are soft. As you press harder you make a larger surface on the touch screen which could gracefully mimic the hardware 3D touch. Apple could add it to all iPhones, iPads and iPodTouch devices if they wanted. Hold your breath.

Jun 26, 2016 9:18 PM in response to ducklover1231

The 6th gen iPod Touch has much more features in common with the iPhone 6 than the previous 5th gen iPod Touch it replaces.User uploaded file

The 6th gen iPod Touch is much closer in specs and features of the current iPhone 6 lineup than ANY other past iPod Touch models.

This is why I immiediately purchased my 64 GB iPod Touch back when it was intriduced back last July 2015.

This new iPod Touch is as close to an iPhone 6 without the phone and at half the price!

Its has the same speed central processor, graphics chip and RAM as the iPhone 6

A first for the IPod Touch 6th is its improved 8MP rear camera that gets a LED flash for the camera lens.

The rear camera will do panarama images and burst images, shoot video in slo-mo mode and time lapse video.

Also, the cameras have built-in image stabilisation.

The iPod Touch 6th gets quite a few of iOS 9's feature set.

The Apple Wallet and health apps.

If you wanna see what you are really getting in your new iPod Touch 6th gen check out these links

http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/specs/

Enjoy your new iPod Touch!!!

I really enjoy using mine!

Good Luck!

🙂

Michel

Jun 26, 2016 9:28 PM in response to ducklover1231

I would, also like to note that while you can't use the Apple Watch with nothing but an iPhone, every iDevice made (with the exception of the iPad 2 due to much older Bluetooth technology) will work with Pebble Smart watch brands.

Pebble is introducing its new Pebble Time 2 watch lineup to directly compete with the Apple Watch with bulit in sensors for blood pressur, pulse and heart rate monitors

I use my Pebble Time smartwatch with both my iPod Touch 6th generation and my large iPad Pro.

Something that Apple doesn't allow with the Apple watch.

The ability to use the Apple Watch across all of their current iDevice lineup.

Just an FYI if you ever want to try a smart watch.

😉

Will my iPod touch 6 ever be able to do Live Photos and 3D Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.