Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Screen Cracked

I am very dissapointed in Apple. I was very excited when I got the new Apple Watch. I just had it for a month when I saw that it already had a crack in one of the coners with very bad scratches. I take very good care of all my things and especially the watch and to find that it can scratch so easily is very dissapointing. I took it back to Apple to find out if they will be able to fix it when they said that they don't do componet repalcements and that they also can't replace the watch for me as it was human error.

Surley there must be somewhere where it can be fixed. I just find it very poor from apple to just send me away without any solution.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2017 12:14 PM

Me as well with my series 2 that is less than one year old. Very disappointed and I have thousands and thousands of dollars in Apple products. I am a midwife and my watch shattered inside my sterile glove at a birth after a minimal knock against an empty metal bowl. Mind you, the watch was under a glove and it was basically shattered glass inside the glove. It was a huge problem dealing with a sterile field and emerging baby. Despite seeing them everywhere in hospitals, they are not safe for medical professionals to wear, in my opinion. I highly urge providers to remove them for patient care which makes them basically irrelevant.

Took the watch into Apple and was told I should be more careful. I’m not an unreasonable person. If I thought in any way that the nature of the damage was in any way commiserate with the force of the contact with the bowl I wouldn’t be so upset but it just wasn’t a hard knock at all. I thought maybe I had gotten a lemon because of the extent of the damage versus the minimal nature of the contact and the fact the watch was underneath a glove that should have offered some protection, but Apple didn’t care. After the amount of money I’ve spent there on computers, phones, tablets, etc it wasn’t a great feeling.

I miss my watch and considered buying another one but in the end was so turned off by my experience and the safety concerns that I’m done and I’m recommending to any medical professionals I speak to that they avoid the iwatch for patient safety User uploaded file

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2017 12:14 PM in response to TaniaBlue

Me as well with my series 2 that is less than one year old. Very disappointed and I have thousands and thousands of dollars in Apple products. I am a midwife and my watch shattered inside my sterile glove at a birth after a minimal knock against an empty metal bowl. Mind you, the watch was under a glove and it was basically shattered glass inside the glove. It was a huge problem dealing with a sterile field and emerging baby. Despite seeing them everywhere in hospitals, they are not safe for medical professionals to wear, in my opinion. I highly urge providers to remove them for patient care which makes them basically irrelevant.

Took the watch into Apple and was told I should be more careful. I’m not an unreasonable person. If I thought in any way that the nature of the damage was in any way commiserate with the force of the contact with the bowl I wouldn’t be so upset but it just wasn’t a hard knock at all. I thought maybe I had gotten a lemon because of the extent of the damage versus the minimal nature of the contact and the fact the watch was underneath a glove that should have offered some protection, but Apple didn’t care. After the amount of money I’ve spent there on computers, phones, tablets, etc it wasn’t a great feeling.

I miss my watch and considered buying another one but in the end was so turned off by my experience and the safety concerns that I’m done and I’m recommending to any medical professionals I speak to that they avoid the iwatch for patient safety User uploaded file

Jul 13, 2017 10:18 AM in response to TaniaBlue

Bought an Apple Watch 2 in October 2016 it died in April 2017. Bought it to a store and they found a small crack and told me it was $350 or something like that to repair. I was not happy as I'm an office guy, do a spin class here and there and that's about as rugged as my life is. The Watch just simply isn't made very well. Instead of fixing paying $350 to fix it I just bought another one. Its now July and less than 3 months later my second Apple Watch 2 has died. It has a scratch on the glass but the watch software/OS was dead. The scratch is superficial. Apple logo and the exclamation point are coming up so no big deal - I bought Apple Care and sent it in have it fixed. Yesterday I was told it is going to be $69 to repair it because of the scratch on the glass. To say I'm angry is an understatement. The watch is broken due to software, etc...Not the scratch. I work in an office and go to Spin class and swim in a lap pool. I'm not exactly a cross fitter or extreme athlete. Having it "scratched" simply shows how poorly made these devices are. Second broken watch in less than 90 days and Apple is telling me that I need to pay them to replace it. I'm an Apple guy all day long, I an Apple Business Customer with an account, have the Mac Server, 20+ Macs and laptops, and Iphones in my company that I own. But this is clearly the worst Apple product I've ever seen. I'm waiting on a manager to get back to me to see if they can assist me. I'm happy with the customer service as they are trying to help me but I'm just not impressed with this product and I'm regretting going from Fitbit to Apple Watch. Alternatively Fitbit replaced several products when they broke - sight unseen. Fitbit went out of their way to support their products. Apple Watch 2 is a terrible device and not meant for every day use. I'm hoping (doubtful) that somebody from Apple reads this or looks at my case (as I'm still working on it) and realizes this product needs a ton of work. If I do get my Apple Watch back I guess I now have to guy a "case" or protective device to prevent it from breaking again.

Nov 15, 2017 6:41 AM in response to BTMcHugh

Had the same problem. 6 months with a few scratches and one day a hairline crack right down the middle and bottom half of the watch would not respond to touch, therefore I couldn't unlock it.. $250 to replace. A "sport" watch should stand up to normal wear and tear. This watch does not. Had a Nike watch for 10 years before it died. Never broke the watch face on any watch I owned prior to the Apple Watch. The screen needs to be a little tougher.

Mar 30, 2016 5:29 AM in response to TaniaBlue

Hi Tania

Whilst accidental damage is not covered under the One Year Limited Warranty, your watch may be eligible for Apple's (chargeable) out-of-warranty repair service.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available) or make a Genius Bar reservation to establish your repair service options, costs and likely timescales:

https://www.apple.com/support/watch/contact/

Apr 4, 2016 4:30 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Hi Jonathan, Tania

I have same issue - always very careful with my things, never used watch for any other use than daily at the office, and after 5 months, the screen just fell off!

Message from the local Danish shop ( apple approved) where I bought is that it my own mistake by misuse, as there is a crack in one corner, and some scrathes - they proposed to repair for the same price as almost a new watch and even charged med a lot just to get back my watch, as I did not accept their offer.

I am so disappointed with this lack of service - other watches lasts for life!

Even though supplier is to prove that there was nothing wrong with production, they do not care at all.

Could it be, the screen has not been well glued/connected, and then when screen goes of, of course it gets a crack

I am not sure what to do next - and definitely will give a second thought of ever investing in a new

Charlotte

Apple Watch Screen Cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.