Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Affinity Photo as editor in Photos

Latest release Affinity Photo is available for a low price.

When Extensions for Photos is installed, you can immediately use it as an external editor in Photos.

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 8:22 AM

7 replies

Mar 30, 2016 2:41 PM in response to Lexiepex

Thanks for the heads up, Lexiepex.

And Affinity has quite a few great photo editing extensions on its own.

But have you tried it on panoramic photos?

I found it is wonderful on standard sized photos, but when I try to use it on my panos with an extreme aspect ratio, it is cropping the photos, at least Affinity's own extensions, and I can edit only a part of the photo.

Mar 31, 2016 1:25 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie,

as I said I am not a photographer., not even a hobby photographer. I am not doing too much on photos, and Affinity is a bit "heavy artillerie" for me. And I use LTR6 mainly because I used it since Photoshop Elements was thrown out when moving from Windows to Mac. I am testing several other apps since Adobe went cloud, and I don't want to be in that earning model... .And I have DxO Optics, but the organiser is too different. So for the time being I am still with LTR6 with some third party extensions.

But I wanted to publicise my findings, especially since Photos was such a deception in the beginning after the reasonably success of Aperture (a loss) and iPhoto... and of course as a result of our communication here.

Lex

Mar 31, 2016 4:27 AM in response to Lexiepex

I don't use Affinity itself much - it is better than Photoshop, but I do not like the "Persona" approach; having to switch between different states and to remember which persona" is to be used for different tasks is disruptive to the workflow. But I am frequently using the extensions installed by Affinity. In Photos I can go directly to "Haze Removal" or "retouch" without having to track it down in the Affinity user interface.

Mar 31, 2016 6:22 AM in response to Lexiepex

I try to stick with Photos for now, because I am relying heavily on iCloud Photo Library.

I know that Lightroom is very powerful and advanced, and it integrates well with Photoshop. I just don't like the user interface of the Adobe products. I have them installed and use them as the last ditch resort, if everything else fails, but I prefer more intuitive tools that will shut my workflow better.

Affinity Photo as editor in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.