Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having a problem removing the new woven bands

I purchased two of the new woven bands for my Apple watch. They are both very difficult to put on and remove. I now have one end stuck on my watch. I cannot remove it to save my life. Had an online chat with support and was told the best option is to take it in for a technician to look at. So, I have to drive over an hour to get this thing off of my watch. So frustrating! I have not had this problem with my black sport band, and I regularly change it out with the stainless band. What's up with the new ones? Probably the cheap plastic connectors. Apple can do better!

<Re-Titled by Host>

Apple Watch, iOS 9.3, null

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 9:37 AM

11 replies

Apr 19, 2016 3:00 PM in response to Cal3456

I had the same thing happen to me. The short end is very difficult to install, and almost impossible to remove. I was very surprised to experience this with an Apple-branded watch band. I'm now in the process of exchanging my black woven band for a replacement. If the next one does the same thing I'm going to get a refund. What happened to their QC process?

Apr 19, 2016 7:18 PM in response to Rubens da Silva

I too have the same issue with the woven band, it is hard to remove and buckle it on. Also, I found if I must wear it snug or I will get a false reading on my BPM

while doing my outdoor/indoor walks. I don't have this issue with the sport band even wearing somewhat loose I still get a accurate reading on my BPM. I would like to see Apple address this.

Apr 22, 2016 12:05 PM in response to Rubens da Silva

I contacted Apple Support and exchanged my black, woven nylon band for a new one. I just received the replacement yesterday and am happy to report that it's much better. Not as smooth and easy to get on and off as some of my other Apple Watch bands, but easy enough that I can't complain. What I've noticed, due to the fact that I own several Apple Watch bands, and is that they all seem to go on and off slightly differently. Some are very easy to snap into place, while others appear to fit tighter, and require more effort. I'm not sure if this is a quality control issue, or an inherent challenge in making these lugs (adapters) within exacting tolerances. Still, I appreciate the method and ease in swapping out the bands quickly.

Apple's customer service was excellent, by the way. Very fast service too.

Apr 25, 2016 12:00 AM in response to grahammiranda

Check that you are following Apple's instructions for changing the band:

Change your Apple Watch band - Apple Support

If you are concerned about a potential manufacturing defect with your band, contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available) or make a Genius Bar reservation with a view to having it checked under warranty:

https://www.apple.com/support/watch/contact/

Apr 26, 2016 5:27 PM in response to Cal3456

I have tried three Black nylon woven bands - two through the mail and one in the Apple Store - and all three had the same issue. The long band went in and locked but was VERY tight to get in and out. The shorter band (with the loop that you slide the longer band through) went in and out easily BUT - and for me this is a problem - would never lock in place (on either end of the Apple Watch).

Unfortunately the store's stock of other nylon bands was limited and I did not want to try another color that I would not purchase just to see if this was a black band only issue.

I have two other Apple Bands, a third party nylon sports band and a leather band with third party lugs, and don't have this issue with any of them.

having a problem removing the new woven bands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.