Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CMS SCSI External Hard Drive DIP configuration

Hi. I’ve got a friend with a problem - he lost the DIP switch settings on his CMS SD80 SCSI external hard drive so it will no longer work with his Mac LCIII like it used to. He can’t locate the manual showing the correct configuration for the LCIII. Does anyone know what they are? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 11:50 AM

8 replies

Mar 30, 2016 1:00 PM in response to Ranger Ric

Would that be the SCSI ID setting? Any SCSI ID from 1 to 6 can normally be used, as long as another device does not have the same ID. ID 7 would be reserved for the Macintosh computer itself, ID 0 (usually) for the internal hard drive. Could the information for a similar drive at http://www.artisantg.com/TestMeasurement/65450-2/CMS_Enhancements_SD60_External_ SCSI_Hard_Drive (found through a random web search) possibly be of some interest?

Mar 31, 2016 3:35 PM in response to Ranger Ric

Did your friend study the ID charts in the manual under the link above? For example, ID 6 appears to involve only the DIP switches 1(up), 2(up), 3(down) and 8(up), whereas DIP switches 4, 5, 6 and 7 are marked N/A. Sorry, but I do not know whether these charts are correct also for the enclosure/drive in question. Nor do I know what the purpose is for the four unused DIP switches (if at all connected).

CMS SCSI External Hard Drive DIP configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.