Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar - Exchange

Hi guys and girls!

I have had my Exchange calendar in Apples Calendar applications for years, but recently it has stopped syncing events to and from Exchange. I've tried "everything" including in creating a new user account on another Macintosh to see if the problem is with my user profile - but it is not. I'm using Calendar version 8.0 (2092.3) on OS X 10.11.4 (15E65).

From what I can see in the CalendarAgent log it seems to be some problem with parsing the data from Exchange Web Services. From the logs it seems that some calendar event is containing "malformed" data or a new attribute not supported by the calendar app (Type not found in EWSCalendarItemType for IsMeetingPollEvent). My iPhone is still able to sync calendar events to and from the same Exchange account without problems. In addition I can mention that I'm using Office 365.

Is there any one else here that have experienced some similar issues and/or some tips for me how to find out what is causing this error?

2016-03-30 22:18:54,148 CalendarAgent[273]: -[SOAPParser:0x7ffac9c78b80 parser:didStartElement:namespaceURI:qualifiedName:attributes:] Type not found in EWSCalendarItemType for IsMeetingPollEvent (t:IsMeetingPollEvent)

2016-03-30 22:18:54,150 CalendarAgent[273]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.persistent.operation] [CalOperationQueue (x-coredata://6B930445-81D3-4742-9444-9C116007A94D/ExchangePrincipal/p7): <CalExchangeSyncFolderItemsOperation: 0x7ffac9dd5520> failed with error Error Domain=CalExchangeErrorDomain Code=-11 "Kalender kan inte uppdatera aktiviteterna i kalendern ”Kalender”." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Kalender kan inte uppdatera aktiviteterna i kalendern ”Kalender”., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Ett fel intrĂ€ffade nĂ€r dina Ă€ndringar skulle skickas till Exchange-servern.}.]

Best regards,

Henrik BĂ€ck

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on Mar 30, 2016 1:34 PM

19 replies

Jul 25, 2017 2:33 PM in response to ben.hofer

And it's back for a slightly different element in events, DoNotForwardMeeting:

7/25/17 5:15:46.659 PM CalendarAgent[375]: -[SOAPParser:0x7fb067310860 parser:didStartElement:namespaceURI:qualifiedName:attributes:] Type not found in EWSCalendarItemType for DoNotForwardMeeting (t:DoNotForwardMeeting)

7/25/17 5:15:46.659 PM CalendarAgent[375]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.exchange] [Exchange error Calendar can’t refresh events in the calendar “Calendar”. There was an error attempting to send your changes to the exchange server. (Error Domain=CalExchangeErrorDomain Code=-11 "Calendar can’t refresh events in the calendar “Calendar”." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Calendar can’t refresh events in the calendar “Calendar”., NSLocalizedFailureReason=There was an error attempting to send your changes to the exchange server.})]

7/25/17 5:15:46.660 PM CalendarAgent[375]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.persistent.operation] [CalOperationQueue (x-coredata://F0982604-4ACF-4282-A306-993AC27353E5/ExchangePrincipal/p13): <CalExchangeSyncFolderItemsOperation: 0x7fb068a7b070> failed with error Error Domain=CalExchangeErrorDomain Code=-11 "Calendar can’t refresh events in the calendar “Calendar”." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Calendar can’t refresh events in the calendar “Calendar”., NSLocalizedFailureReason=There was an error attempting to send your changes to the exchange server.}.]

Mar 30, 2016 11:47 PM in response to BĂŠck

Hello,

I can confirm this appears to be an Office 365 issue with Mac OS X 10.11/10.10 and initial work I've done it looks to be an Exchange Mailbox/User issue - it doesn't look like you can fix it from the client side, it has to be done on the Office 365 side. (Possibly they have done some back end changes that have broken compatibility with Mac OS X Calendar).

I did a test by deleting the user and recreating it and importing all their data, this works however it is a tedious process to link everything back in, I have raised it with our local Au providers (Telstra) to get them to investigate and work on it. As a side test I cleared the entire calendar out and put in a single event - this then breaks the Calendar app so it doesn't look to be data/event related either, so appears to be more mailbox/user related.

Philip

Apr 1, 2016 2:00 AM in response to BĂŠck

I don't have much help to offer other than stating that I'm seeing the same issue since March 30 2016. So far MS Office 365 support has not been helpful ("It's only affecting Apple Calendar.app, that's incompatible and we do not support. Call Apple Support.").

There is also a thread over at MS Office 365 community: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/153/p/437730/1114367

Apr 4, 2016 5:51 AM in response to BĂŠck

Microsoft has opened a new incident on this topic, EX44658.

Tenant administrators of Office365 can see details here: https://portal.office.com/ServiceStatus/ServiceStatusDetails.aspx?ids=EX44658&ty pe=0&xid=UYUGYxjoxyt94zF515JWpItSzhYu9HvMiBYe0MfeFVo%3d

In case you are not a tenant administrator, here is a summary of the current status as per the Microsoft ticket:

| Current Status: Engineers are reviewing options to deploy the fix

| for the affected users, which is expected to take an extended

| period of time. The functionality will be restored for affected users

| as soon as the fix reaches their environment.

|

| User Impact: Affected users are unable to synchronize Exchange

| Online calendar when connecting via Exchange Web Services (EWS).

| This issue only affects calendar synchronization between Exchange

| Online and the email app on Mac OS X.

| [..]

|

| Preliminary Root Cause: A recent update was deployed that caused a

| configuration issue affecting calendar synchronization via EWS.

(I won't be copying all updates from MS here, this is just a copy&paste to let users who are reaching the thread here via search know that MS is actively working on fixing things.)

Apr 5, 2016 12:07 AM in response to BĂŠck

I also have this. Calendar was not syncing last night. I removed the account and added it back, and now I have the error symbol against that calendar and lots of the same messages in the log.

Seems maybe some comms problem going to the server as well, the error symbol pops up "Calendar cant refresh events in the calendar".

I have so much trouble with my Calendar under OSX (Yosemite and/or early ElCap), but the apps under iOS just seem to always work. Maybe those teams should share code.

Apr 5, 2016 2:16 AM in response to BĂŠck

Same Problem

The key error is:

2016-04-05 10:59:32.420 CalendarAgent[12027]: -[SOAPParser:0x7fe9bd99c010 parser:didStartElement:namespaceURI:qualifiedName:attributes:] Type not found in EWSCalendarItemType for IsMeetingPollEvent (t:IsMeetingPollEvent)

And no amount of "clearing caches, removing calendar files, resetting Echange account in system preferences" helps.

What a bummer. I now have to use Outlook mac app to manage my calendar 😟

Apr 5, 2016 2:18 AM in response to peter_c

peter_c wrote:

I have so much trouble with my Calendar under OSX (Yosemite and/or early ElCap), but the apps under iOS just seem to always work. Maybe those teams should share code.

Dear Jobs, NO!

Don't let any of the OS X Calendar.app coders near the iOS app source code!

I need my iPhone calendar, now that OSX Calendar.app is broken.

Apr 5, 2016 7:52 AM in response to matthias leisi

I must say that Microsoft is doing a nice job of handling the incident. Update posted yesterday evening for tenant administrators of Offie365:

| Current Status: Engineers have begun to deploy the fix to the affected

| infrastructure. Users will begin to experience service restoration as soon

| as the fix reaches their environment.

|

| User Impact: Affected users are unable to synchronize their Exchange

| Online calendar when connecting via Exchange Web Services (EWS).

| This issue only affects calendar synchronization between Exchange

| Online and the email app on Mac OS X.

|

| Scope of Impact: Your organization is affected by this event. Impact is

| specific to a subset of your users.

|

| Incident Start Time: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, at 10:47 PM UTC

|

| Preliminary Root Cause: A recent update was deployed that caused a

| configuration issue affecting calendar synchronization via EWS.

|

| Next Update by: Thursday, April 7, 2016, at 12:00 AM UTC

Apr 6, 2016 7:03 AM in response to matthias leisi

Hi Guys - I'm technical, but no to the level of some of you on this thread so excuse the simplistic question....

Is this a fix that will be deployed to Office 365 by Microsoft that will assist "all" end users in any org? Or is this a fix that will be sent out in the next batch of releases that my company can then choose to apply or hold/wait to install? We're an Office 365 shop and I'm not totally up on where the software actually resides in the new O365 cloud infrastructure.

My hope is that this is something Microsoft will fix and can push without the involvement of my IT department.

Thanks.

Calendar - Exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.