Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac pro wi-fi connectivity issues

I have the same problem it seems that many people are having with Wi-Fi connectivity issues. I have Macbook Pro, just purchased in December 2015. My computer goes to sleep and when I open the cover it looks like I am connected to wireless but I really am not! I go to websites and they won't open. I disconnect my wi-fi and reconnect and sometimes that works, but sometimes I have to actually restart my computer. For the time being, at the end of the day I am going to shut down my computer and restart in the morning I guess. It does occasionally appear to lose its connection during the day as well, I suppose because it goes to sleep. Very frustrated. Just got this computer in December and have had this issue since using the computer out of the box. I was told it was because I had not done my El Capitan update, do did that, but that was not the problem. Tech support suggested a couple other things which we also went through and those did nothing either. Not sure what the issue is or how to resolve this issue, or even if I can if so many others have this issue. I am thinking this is an Apple issue and wish they would admit to the problem and try to find a solution. Love Apple, but right now pretty disappointed. Pretty expensive computer for the issues I am having. I switched from a Dell to an Apple thinking this was the best thing since shirt pockets, hmmm.... I do not feel this is any issue with our modem, router, wireless, etc. because we have other computers, iPads, iPhones in this house and have NO issues. So, I hope everybody isn't running out to buy new routers and modems because doubt that is the problem at all. PLEASE APPLE, DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS ISSUE!!

Posted on Mar 31, 2016 6:49 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2016 7:28 AM in response to bren4

You did not mention the channel, but the only way to get that kind of speed it in the 5GHz band.

signal strength of -( -48 -93) is -48 in truly excellent.

transmit rate of 450 M bits/sec shows you are not seeing substantial interference.

Nothing is obviously wrong with your connection.

On that same menu, the entry "Wireless Diagnostics" (not to be confused with the simple-minded check in system Preferences) runs a comprehensive test on your Wi-Fi connection. It may make some general recommendations.

Then puts up this box:

User uploaded file

click the ( Continue ) button and leave the window open in the background and go about your business. If anything alarming happens a message will pop up.

mac pro wi-fi connectivity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.