Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod doesn't recognize artist in iTunes

Trying to add an album that I imported into iTunes to my iPod Nano. I imported the album with a few others. All but one show up in the artist and album lists. It's in iTunes, I can play it on my Mac, but I can't get my iPod to recognize it and add it to the sync.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), iPod Nano

Posted on Mar 31, 2016 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2016 6:18 PM

If you are looking at the iPod's Music settings screen in iTunes (where you set it to Sync Music), I don't know why the new album does not appear under Albums. As an alternative, create a new playlist in your iTunes library. Add all songs from that album to that playlist. On the iPod's Music settings screen in iTunes, under Playlists, find that playlist and select it. Click Apply.

I sync my iPods using playlists, instead of selecting albums or artists. I can update content on my iPod by simply updating the playlists (add/remove songs) that sync to the iPod. The iPod does not need to be connected when I make changes to those playlists. I don't need to go to the iPod's Music settings screen each time I want to make changes to the iPod's content. I just connect my iPod, and iTunes automatically syncs the same changes (that I made to those playlists) to the iPod.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2016 6:18 PM in response to Doctah

If you are looking at the iPod's Music settings screen in iTunes (where you set it to Sync Music), I don't know why the new album does not appear under Albums. As an alternative, create a new playlist in your iTunes library. Add all songs from that album to that playlist. On the iPod's Music settings screen in iTunes, under Playlists, find that playlist and select it. Click Apply.

I sync my iPods using playlists, instead of selecting albums or artists. I can update content on my iPod by simply updating the playlists (add/remove songs) that sync to the iPod. The iPod does not need to be connected when I make changes to those playlists. I don't need to go to the iPod's Music settings screen each time I want to make changes to the iPod's content. I just connect my iPod, and iTunes automatically syncs the same changes (that I made to those playlists) to the iPod.

iPod doesn't recognize artist in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.