Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing features: invert colors of one window only

Hi!

Sorry for my English.

I have poor vision.

My eyes can see white text on black background with maximum brightness of my display.

So I use "invert colors" accessibility feature.

But Mac OS X have two features missing (el capitan... latest on Mar 28, 2016)

1) Do not invert colors of desktop wallpaper when "invert color" is on or off. Just do not touch wallpaper colors.

2) Give me possibility to invert colors of one certain window independig of other windows

Explanations.

Do you remember - I can see white text on black background with maximum brightness?

A wide white field on screen makes me BLIND for all screen.

Also you may know:

* Most of applications use black text on white background. So I want it to convert.

* Some applications use white color on black background - as I can see without inverting colors. (ex. some web-sites)

* Apple Menu at the top of each screen (desktop) is white on black (light on dark?)

* Background is my hand maded (pure black color)

So, sometimes I switch "invert colors" ON, sometimes I switch it OFF.

I may do this often enough.

Design of apple menus uses white on black, so I want "invert colors" feature switched off by default.

As a result I want have BLACK color as my wallpaper.

Just BLACK background to see apple menus at the top of my screen.

When I open couple apps with black on white colors design

then I enables "invert colors" to see this apps.

But inverted desktop wallpaper turned into SUPER BRIGHT LAMP which MAKES ME BLIND.

When I additionally open 3rd window disigned with white text on black beckground

then I have to swich off "invert colors" feature

and I get THO BRIHT SUPER LAMP: 2 previosly started apps which have WHITE background.

Ok. I know my eyes. I can make the BEST background for me. It is under my control.

I cannot do design of all apps I use, so I need to be adjusted to designs of those apps.

Please DO NOT INVERT colors of my wallpaper. It is my lovely colors.

Just give me 2 modes of "Invert colors"

1) Invert all windows except wallpaper and menus

2) Invert just selected window(s).

Ubuntu Unity can do this as easely as possible.

But I have changed Ubuntu to Mac because of great voiceover feature.

But I still not blind completely.

I can see something on Ubuntu, but cannot see in on a Mac because this 2 missing features.

Do not suggest me to change background every time I change applications.

Do nat suggenst me 2 desktops with different backgroupd wallpaper colors for differenly designet apps - Safari can have differenly designed sites at separate tabs..

As workaround I should use full screen mode for all apps - it is not smart on my 50inch 4k display.

With hope,

Vladimir

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Mar 31, 2016 6:43 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2016 5:41 PM in response to Vladimir Goncharov

But Mac OS X have two features missing (el capitan... latest on Mar 28, 2016)

1) Do not invert colors of desktop wallpaper when "invert color" is on or off. Just do not touch wallpaper colors.

2) Give me possibility to invert colors of one certain window independig of other windows

This is a user-to-user forum, and Apple is not likely to see you feature requests here. Instead, submit them here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

For the second missing feature, there is an App called Black Light that may help. It can be purchased in the Apple Mac App store and you can get a trial from the developers website. https://michelf.ca/projects/black-light/You would need to be using an external display, but it allows you to invert the colors on one screen and not the other.

-AJ

Missing features: invert colors of one window only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.