Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my user name and password for itunes. Now when I try to get updates on my ipod It shows the old user name.

I changed the user name and password in itunes and now I can't update my ipod cuz it still shows the old user name.

Posted on Mar 31, 2016 7:03 PM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2016 7:24 AM in response to bilbo777666

Hi bilbo777666,

It sounds like you signed into iTunes with a different Apple ID then the one you used to purchase apps or setup your iPod.

When you change your Apple ID there are several places you may need to change the login.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

See also

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note apps are linked to the Apple ID they are purchased with so if you are updating apps under the old Apple ID you will need to login with that ID to update those apps.

Best regards.

I changed my user name and password for itunes. Now when I try to get updates on my ipod It shows the old user name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.