Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, Windows 10

I'm unable to sync iPhone 6s with iTunes on my Windows 10 PC. I search the problem https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203887 but I don't have the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. /backup

iPhone 6s, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 1, 2016 8:15 AM

8 replies

Jun 22, 2016 5:53 AM in response to 52Baltraven

I have been looking for a solution to this problem also. The reason is that when you load iTunes into a Windows 10 PC, for some reason, the device drivers do not load into the USB Serial Bus Controller of the Device Manager (Win10 Settings/Devices/Device Manager/USB). I have been trying to solve this problem for several

days but the most common solution depends on the Device Drivers being loaded into the Device Manager but in the wrong are..Mine just didn't load at all.

I tried to find a place to load them independently but, unlike the old days where Manufacturers (Apple, Microsoft) used t allow you to download drivers for free, now you have to load them from a third party source who charge you. I even tried Apple Support but they wanted $74 to provide a solution which ***** because, it seems, they are the ones who stuffed up. Kool way to make money, provide a faulty product then require payment to fix it. If I try the Knowledge Desk at my local Apple Store, they will want $249. If someone out there has pity on a pensioners 11yo daughter with an old iPAd please help.

Jun 22, 2016 6:19 AM in response to Kaibigan1947

I hope you didn't give whoever it was you were speaking to any of your personal information. $74 is not a figure Apple Support uses for "pay per incident." This would be handled under iOS Support as they assist with Windows issues involving iTunes and at most, they charge $29 for the case and assist until a resolution is found. Your comment about going to the Apple Store was also odd. The Apple Genius Bar does not charge for service or labor. It only charges for repairs if they are needed, and only upon gaining agreement with the customer to do so. Try this link to locate a valid Apple Store - http://www.apple.com/retail/

I've seen plenty of search results pull up false "Apple Support" numbers. I would advise you to use the Apple article to search your relevant Apple Support in the future. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

This article, when followed to the letter, has resolved this issue time and time again.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Remove iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects. After you uninstall a component, you might be prompted to restart your computer. Wait to restart your computer until you're finished removing all of the components.

The steps, 5-13, listed under Make sure that iTunes and its related components are completely uninstalled are also critical in assuring this is done properly, which I will list here.

1. Open the Common Files folder, then the Apple folder.
  2. Delete the following folders, if they exist:
    Mobile Device Support
    Apple Application Support
    CoreFP
  3. Open Local Disk (C:) located in Computer, or whichever hard disk your programs are installed on.
    If you’re running a 32-bit version of Windows, skip to step 13.
    If you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows, continue with step 8.
  4. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
  5. Find the following folders and delete them, if they exist:
    iTunes
    Bonjour
    iPod
  6. Open the Common Files folder and then the Apple folder.
  7. Locate the following folders and delete them, if they exist:
    Mobile Device Support
    Apple Application Support
    CoreFP
  8. Open Local Disk (C:) in Computer, or whichever hard disk your operating system is installed on.
  9. Right-click the Recycle Bin, and select Empty Recycle Bin.

After having removed everything that was stated in the article, I would also recommend removing any past copies of the iTunes Installer file from your Downloads folder or wherever you may have put one. Then you will want to download a fresh copy of the latest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.

Install iTunes with the latest installer file you downloaded as explained above and then attempt to sync your iPhone again.

Note: Sometimes, outdated or expired security softwares can hinder the success of an iTunes install or sync. Visit your Control Panel applications to make sure you don't have any free copies of expired/outdated software laying around on your computer.

Jun 23, 2016 8:17 AM in response to Kaibigan1947

Kaibigan1947 wrote:

I'd like to thank you for your suggestion and guidance but, I'm sad to say, after following your instructions to the letter, I still have no Apple Device drivers anywhere in my Device Manager

That was from elcpu's suggestion. Mine was the one relating to a full removal of all Apple components and folders and then the fresh install of iTunes directly from the apple website. Yeah, if you aren't seeing those drivers, likely iTunes either wasn't able to install correctly, or I've even seen where random files get quarantined by a security software that mistakes the file for being malicious.

Jun 23, 2016 11:09 AM in response to Kaibigan1947

Kaibigan1947 wrote:

I still have no Apple Device drivers anywhere in my Device Manager

Are you still interested in pursuing this? If so let's forget about iTunes for the moment. Let's see if Windows is able to recognise your device at all? Regardless of whether you have iTunes installed or not, W10 should see your iPhone as a camera IF you have pictures in Camera Roll. Let's try this:

Take two new pictures with your phone. Restart the phone and then make sure they show up in Camera Roll.

Reboot your W10 computer, wait 5 minutes for all to load (on a new fast computer 1-2 minutes is all).

Connect your iPhone to the computer, open File Explorer and expand the folder structure on the left. Do you see the phone as shown below? Note that sometimes F.E. does not recognise the phone immediately. If it does not, unplug the phone and plug again, wait a couple of minutes or so. If still no go, disconnect, reboot PC again, connect and check. Try connecting at least 3 times. Give it 5 minutes or more before you give up.

User uploaded file

What Antivirus are you using? McAfee (and Norton to a lesser degree) is notorious for creating issues with iPhones. If you cannot see the phone as above, disable the AV and reboot PC. However when you reboot, the AV it is likely to start automatically again so depending on your AV, disable it such that it will not restart on a reboot. It is imperative that the PC is rebooted without the AV being active. Just turning it off will not do.

Repeat connecting as above. Do you now see the iPhone? If so then go to Control Panel > Device Manager > and with the phone connected verify that it shows up under USB Controllers as below. If so you driver is there and if you are still unable to see the iPhone in iTunes follow the steps here:

http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows

User uploaded file

If iTunes still does not detect your phone follow the steps below to the letter but make sure your AV is not running. FWIW I am using Windows Defender on my W10 computer and have never had viruses or issues. I also use Malwarebytes (the passive version).

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

If you are still having issues please take a look at the following User Tip from the most knowledgeable iTunes expert on this forum, a chap by the user name of turingtest2 who is in London (I suspect you are in the UK since you are a pensioner).

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

If all else fails, I can ask tt2 to respond to you here but before I do that, try the steps above and post back... Good luck.

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.