Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.2.3 for Windows Vista

I need the newest version of Itunes for a new iPhone SE. I'm still running Windows Vista. The http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ page displays:

but the requirements state:

Windows 7 or later

Am I just out of luck or will there be an XP/Vista version made available?

Posted on Apr 1, 2016 8:27 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2016 8:37 AM in response to ssandhoops

When I go to that page I only see:

iTunes 12.3.3 for Windows 7 or later

After a number of years Apple (and other companies) probably decides there are so few users of particular system versions it is not economical to invest in development of software for those systems, particularly since some systems simply do not have the hardware or software capability to support new features. That's just the way it is with technology. I guess the overlying rationale is if you can afford a gadget you can afford the newer computer and the high-speed Internet connection too.

No, I would not anticipate Apple bringing out a XP/Vista version of iTunes.

Apr 1, 2016 8:40 AM in response to ssandhoops

Apple have made a hash of the platform detection code on the downloads page. 😮

The most recent (and likely final) release of iTunes that supports Windows XP 32-bit and Windows Vista 32/64 was issued September 2015. It includes support for iOS 9, though not Apple Music. Apple Software Update won't necessarily fetch it for you and may claim you are up to date when you are not. The iTunes download page may not offer it to you either.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates if you have any problems installing it, or for direct links to the current or other recent versions.

tt2

12.2.3 for Windows Vista

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.